The Coffee Shop: A place to relax and hang out.

5 years 1 week ago #636044 by GaryA

Gary made some corn beef and cabbage for dinner. Delish, paired nicely with a Firestone Pinot. Then a dip in the hot tub and now Gary’s legs are like rubber. ‘Night y’all. 

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

Attachments:
5 years 1 week ago #636365 by GaryA

Gary made some bread. 

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.

Attachments:
5 years 1 week ago #636367 by Ian Stone
WOW that really looks pretty good!  Who's making all of that?

Photo Comments
5 years 6 days ago #636511 by GaryA

Ian Stone wrote: WOW that really looks pretty good!  Who's making all of that?

Moi :) .  All the food is made by Gary.  Gary appreciates good food and good drink. 

5 years 6 days ago #636514 by JaneK

GaryA wrote: Only Maggie, Mary Lou is highly allergic to cats. We have a number of huge Koi, while Gary is fond and extremely protective of the Koi ... they’re not even close to a cat or dog. 

Make: Apple
Model: iPhone 8
Lens: iPhone 8 back camera 3.99mm f/1.8
ISO: 320
Aperture: f/1.8
Shutter speed: 1/60 sec
Captured: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 18:17pm

Miss Maggie reacting to you calling her cute. 

She is so cute!!!!

Photo Comments
5 years 6 days ago #636540 by GaryA

JaneK wrote:

GaryA wrote: Only Maggie, Mary Lou is highly allergic to cats. We have a number of huge Koi, while Gary is fond and extremely protective of the Koi ... they’re not even close to a cat or dog. 

Model: iPhone 8
Lens: iPhone 8 back camera 3.99mm f/1.8
ISO: 320
Aperture: f/1.8
Captured: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 18:17pm

Miss Maggie reacting to you calling her cute. 

She is so cute!!!!

j

Model: iPhone 6 Plus
Lens: iPhone 6 Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2
ISO: 32
Aperture: f/2.2
Captured: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 9:22am

Totally!

Attachments:
5 years 5 days ago #636641 by Chris Briggs
How ironic, I'm reading the coffee shop thread, and I'm sitting in a coffee shop waiting for a friend!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!

Photo Comments
5 years 5 days ago #636674 by GaryA
Starbucks ... or a good place?  ;)

Buenos Dias 'Talkers.  Yesterday, Mary Lou and Gary had a very pleasant evening.  We have tickets for an upcoming musical at the La Mirada Theatre, Singing in the Rain.  Last night, as a preview, the theatre had a showing of the original movie, Singing in the Rain. Interestingly enough, Mrs. Gene Kelly greeted us with handshakes and well wishes and then before the movie, she provided us with a lot of background info on how the movie was shot.  The theatre tossed up a huge screen covering the entire stage.  Reminiscent of theaters of old ... not just a big screen, but a really big screen.  We all enjoyed a delightfully entertaining movie with some great dance scenes and a fun time with ... Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor and Debbie Reynolds.

5 years 5 days ago #636704 by Hassner
That sounds like great entertainment, Gary!

I am going to a photographer’s friend, Jan’s wedding today. About 14 years ago I needed a cheap place to stay in the city for my summer work. A mutual photographer friend introduced us. 
Even though he is very attractive, the ladies were put off by his speech impediment. This was to my advantage, because for years, every summer I had a place to stay. 
He lived through me divorce and after 8 years he took my wedding pics as a present. 
He found a beautiful bride not put off by his speech. Luckily I was not asked to do wedding pics. 
The point I come to is, how difficult is it to choose a photographer if you are good youself! 
You can see his website on janras.com 

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
5 years 4 days ago #636791 by GaryA

Hassner wrote: That sounds like great entertainment, Gary!

I am going to a photographer’s friend, Jan’s wedding today. About 14 years ago I needed a cheap place to stay in the city for my summer work. A mutual photographer friend introduced us. 
Even though he is very attractive, the ladies were put off by his speech impediment. This was to my advantage, because for years, every summer I had a place to stay. 
He lived through me divorce and after 8 years he took my wedding pics as a present. 
He found a beautiful bride not put off by his speech. Luckily I was not asked to do wedding pics. 
The point I come to is, how difficult is it to choose a photographer if you are good youself! 
You can see his website on janras.com 

Wow ... what an interesting and nice story.  The stuff of a nice little movie. So who’s gonna play you?

5 years 4 days ago - 5 years 4 days ago #636792 by GaryA
This has been a tough and busy week. A new roof, rain, materials on back order, #1 daughter and grandkids coming in from St. Louis, funeral ... just a long, non-stop week. Mary Lou and Gary are done, throwing in the towel, relaxing with a glass of vino. 

Model: iPhone 6 Plus
Lens: iPhone 6 Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2
ISO: 32
Aperture: f/2.2
Shutter speed: 1/40 sec
Captured: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 8:04am

iPhone

Our Redbud Forest Pansy in its spring colors. 

Attachments:
5 years 3 days ago #636882 by Rick Larin
Sounds like you need to unplug and have a little Gary time to reflect.

Photo Comments
5 years 3 days ago #636909 by GaryA

Rick Larin wrote: Sounds like you need to unplug and have a little Gary time to reflect.

Soon, still a bit busy today, early day tomorrow ... but Tuesday Gary is planning to work from home, check out around noon and cook up some pozole for Mary Lou. What are you up to?

5 years 3 days ago #636940 by Ian Stone
What line of work are you in?  

Photo Comments
5 years 2 days ago #637061 by GaryA

Ian Stone wrote: What line of work are you in?  

Construction management ... I consult on government construction projects.  (But I used to be a photojournalist.)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024