The Coffee Shop: A place to relax and hang out.

5 years 1 month ago #635851 by GaryA

Chuck Liley wrote: Pi day.  ha ha ha

To bad it wasn't the edible pie.  Blueberry pie sounds pretty good about now

Pie always sounds good!

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

5 years 1 month ago #635852 by GaryA

Another perfect day. 80+ degrees, the first day for Gary to wear shorts and sandals. 

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.

Attachments:
5 years 1 month ago #635870 by Barbara Fite
Does Gary walk his dog daily?  I looks like a beautiful path.  

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #635873 by GaryA

There are four nice parks within an easy walk from our house.  The photo is from Creek Park South which is not only the closest park but also one of the least used.  Creek Park South hasen’t any parking lots, rest rooms, drinking fountains and only a few points of entry/exit.  Consequently, it is only used by those in the neighborhood. Maggie meets up with her friends in this park ‘Daily’.  Because of the lack of people, Maggie and her friends are able to run around sans leash’s.  During the weekdays, there are only two or three of Maggie’s friends available for play.  This last Saturday, 14 dogs showed up and ran around off leash.  Fortunately, the dog’s humans are responsible and keep a close eye on dog behavior and on any new dogs/people entering the play area.

Watching the dogs ... just being dogs ... running and jumping and chasing each other across the park ... splashing through the creek ... tearing up and down the ravine ... simply gives all the humans a warm feeling and the dogs absolutely love their freedom to be themselves amongst their peers.

Maggie and her best friend Max. 

Attachments:
5 years 1 month ago #635953 by GaryA
Buenos Dias 'Talkers.  Gary is having a new roof installed. Last Friday, he and the roofer were on top of the garage when hundreds of butterflies came swarming down the street and over the garage.  Literally hundreds and hundreds of these Painted Ladies butterflies, splashes orange and brown were painted across the blue skies, a moving canvas of wings and color.  The Painted Ladies migrant from Northern Mexico/SoCal up to Northern California and even Canada.  The size of the migration is dictated by the amount of winter rains and the early spring blooms in Mexico and California. We are presently experiencing a "Super Bloom" in the SoCal hillsides and deserts.

More Here:  Painted Ladies

img\def

This was a normal bloom in Murietta, CA 2008 ... imagine miles and miles and miles of poppies and wildflowers covering hundreds of square miles of hillsides and deserts.

Golden Poppy (Eschscholzia californica )

Lupines and Poppies 

5 years 1 month ago #636044 by GaryA

Gary made some corn beef and cabbage for dinner. Delish, paired nicely with a Firestone Pinot. Then a dip in the hot tub and now Gary’s legs are like rubber. ‘Night y’all. 

Attachments:
5 years 1 month ago #636365 by GaryA

Gary made some bread. 

Attachments:
5 years 1 month ago #636367 by Ian Stone
WOW that really looks pretty good!  Who's making all of that?

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #636511 by GaryA

Ian Stone wrote: WOW that really looks pretty good!  Who's making all of that?

Moi :) .  All the food is made by Gary.  Gary appreciates good food and good drink. 

5 years 1 month ago #636514 by JaneK

GaryA wrote: Only Maggie, Mary Lou is highly allergic to cats. We have a number of huge Koi, while Gary is fond and extremely protective of the Koi ... they’re not even close to a cat or dog. 

Miss Maggie reacting to you calling her cute. 

She is so cute!!!!

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #636540 by GaryA

JaneK wrote:

GaryA wrote: Only Maggie, Mary Lou is highly allergic to cats. We have a number of huge Koi, while Gary is fond and extremely protective of the Koi ... they’re not even close to a cat or dog. 

Miss Maggie reacting to you calling her cute. 

She is so cute!!!!

j

Make: Apple
Model: iPhone 6 Plus
Lens: iPhone 6 Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2
ISO: 32
Aperture: f/2.2
Shutter speed: 1/60 sec
Captured: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 9:22am

Totally!

Attachments:
5 years 1 month ago #636641 by Chris Briggs
How ironic, I'm reading the coffee shop thread, and I'm sitting in a coffee shop waiting for a friend!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #636674 by GaryA
Starbucks ... or a good place?  ;)

Buenos Dias 'Talkers.  Yesterday, Mary Lou and Gary had a very pleasant evening.  We have tickets for an upcoming musical at the La Mirada Theatre, Singing in the Rain.  Last night, as a preview, the theatre had a showing of the original movie, Singing in the Rain. Interestingly enough, Mrs. Gene Kelly greeted us with handshakes and well wishes and then before the movie, she provided us with a lot of background info on how the movie was shot.  The theatre tossed up a huge screen covering the entire stage.  Reminiscent of theaters of old ... not just a big screen, but a really big screen.  We all enjoyed a delightfully entertaining movie with some great dance scenes and a fun time with ... Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor and Debbie Reynolds.

5 years 1 month ago #636704 by Hassner
That sounds like great entertainment, Gary!

I am going to a photographer’s friend, Jan’s wedding today. About 14 years ago I needed a cheap place to stay in the city for my summer work. A mutual photographer friend introduced us. 
Even though he is very attractive, the ladies were put off by his speech impediment. This was to my advantage, because for years, every summer I had a place to stay. 
He lived through me divorce and after 8 years he took my wedding pics as a present. 
He found a beautiful bride not put off by his speech. Luckily I was not asked to do wedding pics. 
The point I come to is, how difficult is it to choose a photographer if you are good youself! 
You can see his website on janras.com 

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #636791 by GaryA

Hassner wrote: That sounds like great entertainment, Gary!

I am going to a photographer’s friend, Jan’s wedding today. About 14 years ago I needed a cheap place to stay in the city for my summer work. A mutual photographer friend introduced us. 
Even though he is very attractive, the ladies were put off by his speech impediment. This was to my advantage, because for years, every summer I had a place to stay. 
He lived through me divorce and after 8 years he took my wedding pics as a present. 
He found a beautiful bride not put off by his speech. Luckily I was not asked to do wedding pics. 
The point I come to is, how difficult is it to choose a photographer if you are good youself! 
You can see his website on janras.com 

Wow ... what an interesting and nice story.  The stuff of a nice little movie. So who’s gonna play you?

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024