The Coffee Shop: A place to relax and hang out.

7 months 3 weeks ago #646170 by Vincent
We just picked up some steaks to grill up tomorrow.  Have you tried a good Chicago rub on your red meat?  Something we enjoy here.  

Nikon D700 | 14-24mm f/2.8G ED | 24-70mm f/2.8G ED | 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II | (2) SB-900
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago #646198 by Miss Polly
What a lovely morning.  I'm visiting family in North Carolina on their farm.  I'm literally on a rocking chair looking at a huge garden.  The air is so clean, fresh and this is so relaxing. 

Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago #646253 by JaneK
Getting ready to head to bed, long day and I'm tired.  I could use a nice glass of wine, but I don't want to open a bottle just for a small glass.    :( 

Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago #646426 by Jim Capozzi
Need a new coffee machine: Keurig or Nespresso?

Which would you get?

7 months 3 weeks ago #646453 by GaryA

Jim Capozzi wrote: Need a new coffee machine: Keurig or Nespresso?

Which would you get?

A French Press. :)

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

7 months 3 weeks ago #646454 by GaryA

Vincent wrote: We just picked up some steaks to grill up tomorrow.  Have you tried a good Chicago rub on your red meat?  Something we enjoy here.  

Gary has never had a "Chicago Rub".  Lately he has been tossing his meat into the Sous Vide.  Presently, even as Gary keyboards, he has a Tri-Tip in the Sous Vide, simmering away in a concoction of salt, pepper, garlic, more pepper, Worcestershire sauce, Gary's BBQ sauce and vino. In a few hours Gary will liberate the Tri-Tip from the bag and give it a good sear and final temperature rise on the BBQ.   

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.

7 months 3 weeks ago #646455 by GaryA

Miss Polly wrote: What a lovely morning.  I'm visiting family in North Carolina on their farm.  I'm literally on a rocking chair looking at a huge garden.  The air is so clean, fresh and this is so relaxing. 

Nice.  Gary is putting the yard back together.  Yesterday, Bosco, this huge brown lab came over to play with Maggie.  Gary calls Bosco the Canine Wrecking Ball, and yesterday that title was fitting.  Bosco was running and crashing into everything ... quite entertaining actually ... unfortunately it was Gary's yard. 

7 months 3 weeks ago #646456 by GaryA

JaneK wrote: Getting ready to head to bed, long day and I'm tired.  I could use a nice glass of wine, but I don't want to open a bottle just for a small glass.    :( 

Just do it.  :)

7 months 3 weeks ago #646457 by GaryA

Which would you get?

If you must get a machine for pre-packaged cups ... Gary would get a machine which has an attachment to allow for you to brew your own coffee (in addition to the cups). 

7 months 3 weeks ago #646484 by Jim Capozzi

GaryA wrote:

Which would you get?

If you must get a machine for pre-packaged cups ... Gary would get a machine which has an attachment to allow for you to brew your own coffee (in addition to the cups). 

K cups then :)

7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #646490 by GaryA

Vincent wrote: We just picked up some steaks to grill up tomorrow.  Have you tried a good Chicago rub on your red meat?  Something we enjoy here.  

What is a Chicago Rub?

Today’s Sous Vide Tri-Tip (iPhone): 
Make: Apple
Model: iPhone 6 Plus
Lens: iPhone 6 Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2
ISO: 64
Aperture: f/2.2
Shutter speed: 1/4 sec
Captured: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 17:21pm

Out of the BBQ.
ISO: 64
Shutter speed: 1/4 sec
Captured: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 17:46pm

Sliced.
ISO: 32
Shutter speed: 1/128 sec
Captured: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 17:54pm

Dinner is served.

Attachments:

7 months 3 weeks ago #646503 by Sandy Smith Photos
Oh boy that cut of steak looks so delicious!  What wine did you pair it with?

Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #646530 by GaryA

Sandy Smith Photos wrote: Oh boy that cut of steak looks so delicious!  What wine did you pair it with?

Gary just poured the leftover wine he used in cooking up the Tri-Tip.  An Iaconis Merlot, Napa Valley. It was part of a Naked Wines shipment. 

Tri-Tip used to ground up for hamburger.  It has this silver membrane on one side.  But if you work the meat, carefully slice off the membrane, it is quite tasty and tender.  The membrane won't render out, consequently, if you don't remove it, you're eating the likes of belt leather.  When on sale, Tri-Tip out here goes for $2.99 lb. On the plus side, it is delish ... prime rib on the cheap (with a little elbow grease). 

7 months 2 weeks ago #646539 by Finn
Something like that, I’d say a nice oaky red would pair perfectly.  

Photo Comments

7 months 2 weeks ago #646604 by Alfonso Camil
We are going wine tasting this Saturday coming up.  I haven't been in so long, this should be a good time.

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon Z50 is an entry-level mirrorless camera, but has many high-end features that make it an interesting proposition for many photographers. Get the scoop on this little camera in this Nikon Z50 review.

Jan 15, 2020

In this Sony a7 III vs Nikon D500 head-to-head battle, find out which camera best suits your needs for still photography and video (and your budget, too).

Jan 09, 2020

The Panasonic GH4 might be going on six years old, but it still packs a punch, even in 2020. Learn about all the specs and features of this camera in our Panasonic GH4 review.

Dec 31, 2019

If you have your eye on a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, check out its specs, pricing, and availability to be sure you get the best deal.

Dec 26, 2019

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Buying a used DSLR can be an adventure if you don't know what to look for or where to buy from. Use these tips for buying a used DSLR to get the best deal and the best quality camera possible.

Jan 23, 2020

The best backdrops can make your portraits shine with beautiful colors and textures that add interest to the shot. But what are the best photography backdrops? Consult this list to find out!

Jan 22, 2020

If you're in the market for an inexpensive full frame camera this year, look no further than this list of some cheap full frame mirrorless and DSLR options.

Jan 20, 2020

What photography gear upgrades are you planning for 2020? As you update your kit, bear these essential photography accessories in mind.

Jan 20, 2020

Not sure how to earn more money as a photographer? With these photography business tips, learn how to boost your photography income and improve your bottom line.

Jan 16, 2020

You've heard resolutions for photographers before, but have you made your own? If you want to learn how to improve your photography, give these New Year's resolutions a try.

Jan 16, 2020

In this videography 101 tutorial, learn a few videography tips for beginners that will help you start creating engaging content for your viewers.

Jan 15, 2020

With these top iPhone photography accessories, you'll be better-equipped to take high-quality photos and videos.

Jan 15, 2020