The Coffee Shop: A place to relax and hang out.

4 years 10 months ago #646170 by Vincent
We just picked up some steaks to grill up tomorrow.  Have you tried a good Chicago rub on your red meat?  Something we enjoy here.  

Nikon D700 | 14-24mm f/2.8G ED | 24-70mm f/2.8G ED | 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II | (2) SB-900
Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago #646198 by Miss Polly
What a lovely morning.  I'm visiting family in North Carolina on their farm.  I'm literally on a rocking chair looking at a huge garden.  The air is so clean, fresh and this is so relaxing. 

Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago #646253 by JaneK
Getting ready to head to bed, long day and I'm tired.  I could use a nice glass of wine, but I don't want to open a bottle just for a small glass.    :( 

Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago #646426 by Jim Capozzi
Need a new coffee machine: Keurig or Nespresso?

Which would you get?

4 years 10 months ago #646453 by GaryA

Jim Capozzi wrote: Need a new coffee machine: Keurig or Nespresso?

Which would you get?

A French Press. :)

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

4 years 10 months ago #646454 by GaryA

Vincent wrote: We just picked up some steaks to grill up tomorrow.  Have you tried a good Chicago rub on your red meat?  Something we enjoy here.  

Gary has never had a "Chicago Rub".  Lately he has been tossing his meat into the Sous Vide.  Presently, even as Gary keyboards, he has a Tri-Tip in the Sous Vide, simmering away in a concoction of salt, pepper, garlic, more pepper, Worcestershire sauce, Gary's BBQ sauce and vino. In a few hours Gary will liberate the Tri-Tip from the bag and give it a good sear and final temperature rise on the BBQ.   

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.

4 years 10 months ago #646455 by GaryA

Miss Polly wrote: What a lovely morning.  I'm visiting family in North Carolina on their farm.  I'm literally on a rocking chair looking at a huge garden.  The air is so clean, fresh and this is so relaxing. 

Nice.  Gary is putting the yard back together.  Yesterday, Bosco, this huge brown lab came over to play with Maggie.  Gary calls Bosco the Canine Wrecking Ball, and yesterday that title was fitting.  Bosco was running and crashing into everything ... quite entertaining actually ... unfortunately it was Gary's yard. 

4 years 10 months ago #646456 by GaryA

JaneK wrote: Getting ready to head to bed, long day and I'm tired.  I could use a nice glass of wine, but I don't want to open a bottle just for a small glass.    :( 

Just do it.  :)

4 years 10 months ago #646457 by GaryA

Which would you get?

If you must get a machine for pre-packaged cups ... Gary would get a machine which has an attachment to allow for you to brew your own coffee (in addition to the cups). 

4 years 10 months ago #646484 by Jim Capozzi

GaryA wrote:

Which would you get?

If you must get a machine for pre-packaged cups ... Gary would get a machine which has an attachment to allow for you to brew your own coffee (in addition to the cups). 

K cups then :)

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #646490 by GaryA

Vincent wrote: We just picked up some steaks to grill up tomorrow.  Have you tried a good Chicago rub on your red meat?  Something we enjoy here.  

What is a Chicago Rub?

Today’s Sous Vide Tri-Tip (iPhone): 
Make: Apple
Model: iPhone 6 Plus
Lens: iPhone 6 Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2
ISO: 64
Aperture: f/2.2
Shutter speed: 1/4 sec
Captured: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 17:21pm

Out of the BBQ.
ISO: 64
Shutter speed: 1/4 sec
Captured: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 17:46pm

Sliced.
ISO: 32
Shutter speed: 1/128 sec
Captured: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 17:54pm

Dinner is served.

Attachments:
4 years 10 months ago #646503 by Sandy Smith Photos
Oh boy that cut of steak looks so delicious!  What wine did you pair it with?

Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #646530 by GaryA

Sandy Smith Photos wrote: Oh boy that cut of steak looks so delicious!  What wine did you pair it with?

Gary just poured the leftover wine he used in cooking up the Tri-Tip.  An Iaconis Merlot, Napa Valley. It was part of a Naked Wines shipment. 

Tri-Tip used to ground up for hamburger.  It has this silver membrane on one side.  But if you work the meat, carefully slice off the membrane, it is quite tasty and tender.  The membrane won't render out, consequently, if you don't remove it, you're eating the likes of belt leather.  When on sale, Tri-Tip out here goes for $2.99 lb. On the plus side, it is delish ... prime rib on the cheap (with a little elbow grease). 

4 years 10 months ago #646539 by Finn
Something like that, I’d say a nice oaky red would pair perfectly.  

Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago #646604 by Alfonso Camil
We are going wine tasting this Saturday coming up.  I haven't been in so long, this should be a good time.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024