What are your thoughts of Game of Thrones ending?

4 years 11 months ago #644704 by Ian Stone
Anyone else feeling the cast just didn't seem to have the same spark?  All theories of how the show would end, were out the window.  

Not sure I'm digging HBO's decision on this one. 

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #645233 by Troponin

Ian Stone wrote: Anyone else feeling the cast just didn't seem to have the same spark?  All theories of how the show would end, were out the window.  

You're going to find a small number of people that will get angry with an assessment like this. I think most of us agree. Personally, it felt like they just gave up, but the original writer said it would have taken 5 more seasons to end such a complex plot and characters. So they wanted to just figure out how to end it earlier before the show tanks. 

That being said, I also just found out the director just got a deal for the next Star Wars movie and might have rushed this to get it over with. If that's the case, then I am expecting another Star Wars flop because they just hired someone that can't properly complete a major production. 

I personally felt the change in season 7. It was dramatically different and I didn't even realize thats about where the book ends. 

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #645265 by Daniel Philips
I have the same thoughts exactly. The story is half-baked and some major characters were not given the chance to evolve. There were also some scenes in the last season that were unexplained. It was frustrating to watch. 

4 years 10 months ago #645496 by Martha Bronter

Troponin wrote:

Ian Stone wrote: Anyone else feeling the cast just didn't seem to have the same spark?  All theories of how the show would end, were out the window.  

You're going to find a small number of people that will get angry with an assessment like this. I think most of us agree. Personally, it felt like they just gave up, but the original writer said it would have taken 5 more seasons to end such a complex plot and characters. So they wanted to just figure out how to end it earlier before the show tanks. 

That being said, I also just found out the director just got a deal for the next Star Wars movie and might have rushed this to get it over with. If that's the case, then I am expecting another Star Wars flop because they just hired someone that can't properly complete a major production. 

I personally felt the change in season 7. It was dramatically different and I didn't even realize thats about where the book ends. 

:agree:

4 years 10 months ago #645749 by Oliver Russels
I think it was not bad. 

4 years 10 months ago #648041 by haggadone
I think the biggest problem with the last season of the format change. Those 90-minute episodes just had too much. A few cliffhangers would have made it feel less rushed. Like the last 3 episodes should have been, the siege on kingslanding and stopped as soon as Dany snaps. Then an episode of Dany finishing the job up to Jon stabbing her, then let us sit with that for a week. Then finish off the rest. I think we all had personal theories and not many of us were right, we need more time to accept that the show wasn't during what we thought and to get invested in the new direction. 

I didn't like all the storylines, but the final episode was underwhelming but solid. I think how things ended was pretty good, just getting there was a little messy.

4 years 10 months ago #648045 by MYoung
Isn't there like 1.5 million people who have signed a petition for them to redo Season 8? 

Photo Comments
3 years 8 months ago #693596 by Jinesh
Today, I found myself in tears for a solid two hours. I'm utterly devastated. It finally struck me, and struck me hard, that this is ending. I haven't been a book fan (nerd) for as long as some of you. I entered the arena in 2011, which I assume is a fairly large cohort since I got into the books after binging Season 1 of Game of Thrones in several days. Game of Thrones blew me away because it felt like...FINALLY...finally...someone had done the Great Fantasy I was craving. Up until I saw this season, the only other great, or even good, fantasy on film, in my opinion, was Lord of the Rings. Lord of the Rings, however, was based on a book series written more than a half century ago trackeasy.fun/usps/ . Game of Thrones felt REAL, it felt NEW, it felt like we, as a society, had been blindly repeating the same narrative structures and tropes in our stories for literal years/decades and suddenly we were collectively slapped in the face and awoken to new, better, different. With the death of Ned Stark, we realized stories could be something more. The hero doesn't always win because in real life, heroes don't usually win. To me, this story about direwolves and dragons was one of the realest, truest stories I have ever heard. I'm sure many of you all had a similar experience, either with the books, or the show, so I won't dwell on this. We know.

2 years 9 months ago #721649 by Tangerine221
It could be better. The ending wasn't as good as I expected.

2 years 8 months ago #721676 by Cristy Fields
Big fail IMHO

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024