New Game - What's the best city to live in for photography - and why?

13 years 3 weeks ago #38558 by crystal

Karl Wertanen wrote: East Glacier Montana. It's on Glacier National Park's eastern boundary, and is a gateway to some of the most incredible rugged mtns in the lower 48 (sorry Colorado, Montana has you beat). Also, It's a short drive from the Rocky Mountain Front Range, which is where the gradual rolling hills of the high plains runs up to a massive wall of mountains that stretches as far as you can see north to south. Unbelievable. The only thing it's missing is a large body of water, but GNP is filled w/many stunning glacial lakes. A landscape photographers dream

Beautiful!
One of the many places I like to visit and we drove right past it on our honeymoon without even knowing it was there. urgh.
13 years 3 weeks ago #38574 by seanophoto27
Savannah Ga.- Historic with horse drawn wagons and cobblestone streets. Very artistic with lots of different Squares full of many flowering plants, sculptures and monuments.

13 years 3 weeks ago #38600 by Zafonia
Canton Ohio.... Its really pretty there.
13 years 3 weeks ago #38603 by digishutterbug
Rome all those ancient buildings

13 years 3 weeks ago #38606 by Baydream

digishutterbug wrote: Rome all those ancient buildings

I like stuff older than me. :whistle:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #38625 by jennyjohn52
California's almost one city - there's hardly any break in buildings and people, at least from the Mexico border to San Francisco.

But I, personally, would have to vote for Seattle. You have all the history, the trees, the water with all the boats and ships, the mountains, everything right there.

13 years 3 weeks ago #38626 by johnm
Gotta put my vote in the New York City. It has Times Square, the docks and harbor, Statue of Liberty, Little Italy, China Town, Harlem, Central Park, 3 major bridges, Yankee Stadium, the Bronx Zoo, museums. And 4 completely separate seasons to photograph it all in.

13 years 3 weeks ago #38680 by Joves
Where Im at Flagstaff Arizona. Im 80 miles south of the Grand Canyon, 30 miles from Sedona, an hour to either end of the Painted Desert, and 2.5 from Monument Valley. Plus there are all sorts of lesser canyons and areas that are rarely seen by tourists. Such as Sycamore Canyon a little place I like to poke around in. This is a view from the Cedar Creek/Limestone Pocket branch of it. As you can tell Sunday was a crappy day.

13 years 3 weeks ago #38762 by crystal

Joves wrote: Where Im at Flagstaff Arizona. Im 80 miles south of the Grand Canyon, 30 miles from Sedona, an hour to either end of the Painted Desert, and 2.5 from Monument Valley. Plus there are all sorts of lesser canyons and areas that are rarely seen by tourists. Such as Sycamore Canyon a little place I like to poke around in. This is a view from the Cedar Creek/Limestone Pocket branch of it. As you can tell Sunday was a crappy day.

My husband and I stayed in Flagstaff when we were traveling on our honeymoon. Nice town. Got an oil change done while there. :)
13 years 3 weeks ago #38825 by Karl Wertanen

Crystal wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote: East Glacier Montana. It's on Glacier National Park's eastern boundary, and is a gateway to some of the most incredible rugged mtns in the lower 48 (sorry Colorado, Montana has you beat). Also, It's a short drive from the Rocky Mountain Front Range, which is where the gradual rolling hills of the high plains runs up to a massive wall of mountains that stretches as far as you can see north to south. Unbelievable. The only thing it's missing is a large body of water, but GNP is filled w/many stunning glacial lakes. A landscape photographers dream

Beautiful!
One of the many places I like to visit and we drove right past it on our honeymoon without even knowing it was there. urgh.

:rofl: :slapface:
13 years 3 weeks ago #38856 by bananas
Well, I've never been to DC or NYC or LA, but I have been to Atlanta and it has alot going for it. Charlotte, NC is very photogenic, too.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024