Did you know this about Wyoming?

13 years 1 month ago #38904 by big_eddie_g
I enjoy spending time the lounge section of this site. It's fun to answer all the questions. Here's one of my own.

Post a little known fact about the state you live in. Let's see how many good trivia answers we can come up with.

WYOMING: DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE ONLY 4 CITIES IN THE ENTIRE STATE WITH A
POPULATION GREATER THAN 6000?

13 years 1 month ago #38916 by Joves
Did you know Arizona has 11 climate zones of which 9 are livable. The other 2 are on the mountain and will never be built in.

13 years 1 month ago #38945 by Baydream
Virginia is known as the "birthplace of the nation". Where does that put it anatomically?

And I have been to half the "big cities" in Wyoming. :cheer:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #38992 by bronxette
Did you know that toilet paper was invented in New York by Joseph Gayetty in 1857? Thank goodness!

13 years 1 month ago #38994 by hopper
Didja know? Iowa is the birthplace of a number of famous people, including Buffalo Bill Cody, , Herbert Hoover, John Wayne and Glenn Miller. Who knew?

13 years 1 month ago #38997 by matrixman
Fort Collins, Colorado was named Money magazine's Best Place to Live 2006, #2 in 2008, and #6 in 2010.[

13 years 1 month ago #39006 by chasrich
In Seattle Washington they have a civic organization called Lesser Seattle. Their goal is to talk about how bad Seattle is so no more people will come there. Does it really rain so much in Seattle or is this Civic group just pulling the wool over your eyes. I graduated high school in Seattle.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
13 years 1 month ago #39008 by Baydream

chasrich wrote: In Seattle Washington they have a civic organization called Lesser Seattle. Their goal is to talk about how bad Seattle is so no more people will come there. Does it really rain so much in Seattle or is this Civic group just pulling the wool over your eyes. I graduated high school in Seattle.

Was that was before they invented rain? :evil:

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #39017 by johnm
Believe it or not!

It is illegal for women to drive in California while wearing a housecoat.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #39019 by jennyjohn52
chasrich wrote:
In Seattle Washington they have a civic organization called Lesser Seattle. Their goal is to talk about how bad Seattle is so no more people will come there. Does it really rain so much in Seattle or is this Civic group just pulling the wool over your eyes. I graduated high school in Seattle.

I lived in Bremerton, WA (directly west across the Puget Sound from Seattle) for 7 years in the late 90s. And yes, it rains as much as they say it does. Basically from October through May and sometimes into June. We had one winter I remember where we had ZERO MEASURABLE SUNSHINE in 92 days! Fact.

13 years 4 weeks ago #39043 by Zafonia
Didja know,
1. Bob Dunn a musician from Beggs invented the first electric guitar 1935.

2.The world's first installed parking meter was in Oklahoma City, on July 16, 1935. Carl C. Magee, of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is generally credited with originating the parking meter. He filed for a patent for a "coin controlled parking meter" on May 13, 1935.
13 years 4 weeks ago #39044 by chasrich

jennyjohn52 wrote: chasrich wrote:

I lived in Bremerton, Wa (directly west across the Puget Sound from Seattle) for 7 years in the late 90s. And yes, it rains as much as they say it does. Basically from October through May and sometimes into June. We had one winter I remember where we had ZERO MEASURABLE SUNSHINE in 92 days! Fact.

You see what I mean about the lesser promotion. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
13 years 4 weeks ago #39064 by Baydream
Maryland has the oldest state capitol still in continuous legislative use and is the only state house to have ever served as the nation's capitol. It also has the only state flag based on European heraldry.

Photo Comments
13 years 4 weeks ago #39065 by Baydream
The province (state) of Nova Scotia, Canada is the home to the highest recorded tides in the world (52 feet - see it is my albums) and Oxford, NS is the largest processor of wild blueberries in the world.

Photo Comments
13 years 4 weeks ago #39184 by Zafonia
In Oklahoma, Women may not gamble in the nude, in lingerie, or while wearing a towel in Schulter.

It is unlawful to put any hypnotized person in a display window in Hawthahorne Oklahoma.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024