So what does everyone do here?

12 years 6 months ago #137339 by Baydream
Retired from 29 years in IT and 11 in graphics/advertising.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #137340 by McBeth Photography
Maintenance Electrician Apprentice. Full time dayshift work experience and night school for another year, then I can test for my electrical license. Photography is a hobby now, getting more serious about it though.

:welcomeclan

It is what it is.
12 years 6 months ago #137345 by CanvasRox
:P :P :P Ok - you asked for it!

I ...

Am wife to Curtis Benton. Mother to 9 year old boy/girl twins.

Owner/Creative Director/SocialMedia Goddess for Pixel2Canvas, CanvasRox and Wall Riders.

.....and I shoot too.

:cheer: :P :lol:

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #137346 by Stealthy Ninja
Thread merged ( this was the third thread on this topic... there may be more).

:) I'm adding this to the "read this before you post" thread.

www.photographytalk.com/forum/new-to-pho...re-starting-a-thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBeth Photography
12 years 6 months ago #137374 by Mayo

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Thread merged ( this was the third thread on this topic... there may be more).

I guess I was right it was a newbie move! Sorry about that and thanks for fixing it.

Carlos

Canon 5D - Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 | Canon 70-200 f/4L
Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #137408 by Baydream

Mayo wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Thread merged ( this was the third thread on this topic... there may be more).

I guess I was right it was a newbie move! Sorry about that and thanks for fixing it.

Carlos

Don't sweat it. We have 11,344 threads so far and it's tough to remember them all, even when we use the search feature,

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #137417 by Mayo

Baydream wrote:

Mayo wrote:

Carlos

Don't sweat it. We have 11,344 threads so far and it's tough to remember them all, even when we use the search feature,

:cheers:

Canon 5D - Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 | Canon 70-200 f/4L
Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #137471 by Stealthy Ninja
Yeh man, I just knew about the old threads because I've been here since the beginning almost. No need to worry. :)

I'm a visual media professional (that's what it says on my business cards). I'm also a fun loving guy full of vigor and stuff!
12 years 6 months ago #137497 by chasrich
Retired retiree on vacation most of the time taking a nap or eating a snack... Full of vigor and stuff. :rofl:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 6 months ago #137541 by Dori
My other job is to be as annoying as I can...

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago #176229 by SashaSheena1
Working for the South African Revenue Service in South Africa, trade stats export verifier

12 years 3 months ago #176298 by Dori
And a great one as well! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago #176312 by Maria21
Today I have my own small studio & work part-time at a local dept store for extra cash & contacts. (trying to get some new equipment. :blink: )

I have 14 years in Graphic Design/Advertising/Print Media experience. I worked my way up from a lowly Designer to Art director of an Ad Agency working on Fortune 500 accounts. The move so far away from my kids' dad took a toll on them so I had to move back to PA & as such left that field altogether. I started in the transportation industry driving a semi. I had a severe accident in 2007 which kept me out of work for a while. I always loved photography & decided to put that love to use & started working as an assistant at a local studio. So does that make me a jack of trades but master at none?:huh:

Zerfing's Photographic Imaging
12 years 3 months ago #176317 by Dori
Join the club!!! :rofl:

I was a tour-guide in a cavern, waitress, cashier, order picker, fork lift driver, ran the label dept, CNC programmer for turret and mill, coil mover, now back to a lowly counter clerk.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Resident Texasotan...

6 years 7 months ago #536150 by lesauf
I was previously a PHP web developer. Now I am a voluntary worker in a translation office of Jehovah's Witnesses, in Audio/Video team. Photography have been my passion for many years.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024