What are you doing for New Years?

13 years 3 months ago #9991 by Rawley Photos
Let's see what everyone is doing. We are heading to New York City tomorrow afternoon. Assuming another nasty storm doesn't bury us!

BTW... Happy New Years to everyone!

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #10003 by Scotty

Rawley Photos wrote: Let's see what everyone is doing. We are heading to New York City tomorrow afternoon. Assuming another nasty storm doesn't bury us!

BTW... Happy New Years to everyone!

Spending time with family.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #10072 by Simon Says
I'm with Scotty, we are going to be with family and close friends.

13 years 3 months ago #10073 by Joves
Pretty much driving to San Antonio to see my brother and mom.

13 years 3 months ago #10074 by Screamin Scott
My wife & I normally go out to eat, but return home. Then it's shrimp & champagne at midnight !

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #10076 by VictorRamos
Good luck getting ANYWHERE in the northeast for the next few days. I heard they had 30" of snow in NYC and Boston's socked, too. Even my cousin in San Diego is complaining. Only 65 there today with cloudy skies andOn the other hand, I have a cousin in San Diego, CA - and they're expecting rain there tomorrow.

If you do get to NYC, betcha get some great pics, though. Be sure to share here if you do.

13 years 3 months ago #10077 by Karl Wertanen
Wife and i are going to my cousins in Royal Oak Michigan.... Should be interesting :woohoo:
13 years 3 months ago #10630 by Alex
Fiancee and I are heading up to do some snowboarding with another couple.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #10641 by luckywish1
me and my husband are going to stay home and have a steak dinner and also maybe go downtown and see the firework too

13 years 3 months ago #10648 by Alex

luckywish1 wrote: me and my husband are going to stay home and have a steak dinner and also maybe go downtown and see the firework too

Nothing beats a nice grilled steak! Unless you are in the north east and your grill is buried under 12 feet of snow! :blink:

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #10676 by jeffie5687
I will probably be in bed. This old fart can't seem to stay up that late anymore.

13 years 3 months ago #10677 by crystal
Normally my husband and I stay home. We don't do anything on New years. If we stay up for the ball, we'll turn the on the tv 5min of and wait for the ball. We say Happy New Years, kiss and either go back on the computers or go to bed. lol

But this year it's different. We are actually going out to celebrate. A friend I know from the good ol school days is having a party. So we are going. :woohoo:
13 years 3 months ago #10710 by Scotty

Alex wrote:

luckywish1 wrote: me and my husband are going to stay home and have a steak dinner and also maybe go downtown and see the firework too

Nothing beats a nice grilled steak! Unless you are in the north east and your grill is buried under 12 feet of snow! :blink:

Or a cheeseball.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #10747 by luckywish1
well it new year eve and me and ed are going out to a friend house with my mom and dad tonight. and hoping that i will still see fireworks tonight. out in the county tonight. im hoping that i still get my steak dinner gigggles gigggles. andi will make sure i do take picture tonight too. without the flash on gigggles. my dad get migraine from flash on camera so i have to be careful. now im just waiting for ed to get home so we can go to my mom and dad house to get ready to go to there friends house. my mom and dad are going on vacation tomorrow so we want to spend time with them before they go. because we won't see them for 4 months they are going in there new RV.

13 years 3 months ago #10776 by luckywish1
me and ed came back home from the new year party because i wasnt feeling that good and i got to tired too. it feel good to be back at home too . and i didnt take any picture of firework yet im still waiting for people to let firework off but i have my camera ready to shoot . and also tonight i got to hold my friend camera she has a canon rebe and you know what it didnt feel that confortable either. i think that kind of camera is to smalll. i like the nikon better. and you know what she wasnt useing protection on her camera lens i notice this tonight when i was at the house and i had to tell her about protection on camera. this was kind of funny because i know more about camera slr then she did i guess. she was useing the flash inside the house too when there was a lot of light in there. i had the light meter with me and it said it was over 50 and she didnt know anything about shutter speed at all she is also new to the canon camera too. it just surprise me today when she said she didnt know that much about the camera and she was useing it with the flash on in the house. some people just really shock me tonight so many people didnt know anything about camera and most of them are taking a class just like me gigggles. 5 people at the party are taking a class here in moseslake somewhere i dont know lol. im just glad that i have a teacher that work one on one with me. it make it so easy for me to understand more.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024