Zoom affect

10 years 8 months ago #10530 by Larry is Hairy
Has anyone taken a photo and zoom the lens at the same time? I've seen photos like this. I can't acheive the results with my point and shoot, but I can move the camera to make a blur affect. Either way, it's a cool abstract photo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #10534 by Rob pix4u2
I've done it with my 80-200mm zoom and the effect is stunning on a cityscape or athlete in motion. if you can start at the widest angle and zoom to the closest it works best over a 1/30th sec or greater exposure

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

10 years 8 months ago #10549 by Rob pix4u2

Rob pix4u2 wrote: I've done it with my 80-200mm zoom and the effect is stunning on a cityscape or athlete in motion. if you can start at the widest angle and zoom to the closest it works best over a 1/30th sec or greater exposure

Rob Huelsman Sr.

Attachments:

10 years 8 months ago #10679 by TiaMia
Rob, awesome photo.

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #10695 by Screamin Scott
I did a photo tip on this exact same subject several weeks back here on Photography talk...I used to do it all of the time back when I shot film...By varying your exposure & speed of the zoom , you can alter the results...Like this

to this

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
Attachments:

10 years 8 months ago #10696 by Rob pix4u2

Screamin Scott wrote: I did a photo tip on this exact same subject several weeks back here on Photography talk...I used to do it all of the time back when I shot film...By varying your exposure & speed of the zoom , you can alter the results...Like this

to this

DSC_2041.NEF

great shot- love the colors

Rob Huelsman Sr.

10 years 8 months ago #10711 by Scotty

Screamin Scott wrote: I did a photo tip on this exact same subject several weeks back here on Photography talk...I used to do it all of the time back when I shot film...By varying your exposure & speed of the zoom , you can alter the results...Like this

to this

Amazing.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Are used cameras worth it? Though there are some risks, there are many more benefits of buying used cameras. Learn why you should shop used in this guide!

Sep 20, 2021

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 II is now six years old, but despite that, it still has many capabilities and features that make it a good option for today's beginner and enthusiast photographers.

Sep 17, 2021

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G5 X II isn't a professional camera by any means, but if you're looking for a small, capable, compact camera, this might be the one for you.

Sep 02, 2021

Latest Articles

When buying a metal print, there are tons of options to think about. In this metal print buyer's guide, learn what to look for in a metal print.

Sep 22, 2021

Use these commercial real estate photography tips to create compelling images that accurately and artfully portray commercial spaces.

Sep 22, 2021

In the latest installment of our holiday gift guides, we present some great gifts for photographers that are all priced at $25 or less.

Sep 22, 2021

What kind of monitor should you have for video work? There's a great debate between on-camera vs field monitors - let's see which is best for you.

Sep 21, 2021

Are used cameras worth it? Though there are some risks, there are many more benefits of buying used cameras. Learn why you should shop used in this guide!

Sep 20, 2021

If you aren't sure what the difference between photo restoration and photo retouching is, check out this quick explainer guideline.

Sep 20, 2021

With these accessories for micro four-thirds cameras, you'll be able to improve your workflow and expand the functionality of your camera.

Sep 17, 2021

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 II is now six years old, but despite that, it still has many capabilities and features that make it a good option for today's beginner and enthusiast photographers.

Sep 17, 2021