Panoramic photos?

10 years 3 months ago #2044 by Joe Photo Daddy
I was wondering what program works best with making a panoramic photo? On my way home last night I found this great spot just as the sun was setting and I want to go back and try to capture a super wide panoramic photo. I've not done one before so could use some advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #2056 by Rocket Man
You can "stitch" them together in Photoshop

10 years 3 months ago #2073 by kristen
There is also free programs on the internet that you can use to stitch the photo.

10 years 3 months ago #2108 by meangogetter
Pacasa 3 is a free program and it's alright but I still prefer Photoshop. I'm still learning the program but it's a lot better than Pacasa in my book.

10 years 3 months ago #2210 by Rocket Man

meangogetter wrote: Pacasa 3 is a free program and it's alright but I still prefer Photoshop. I'm still learning the program but it's a lot better than Pacasa in my book.

I thought that was for photo storage only? Can you edit?

10 years 3 months ago #2308 by Thomas S

Joe Photo Daddy wrote: I was wondering what program works best with making a panoramic photo? On my way home last night I found this great spot just as the sun was setting and I want to go back and try to capture a super wide panoramic photo. I've not done one before so could use some advice.

Make sure you use tripod

Photo Comments

10 years 3 months ago #2315 by meangogetter

Rocket Man wrote:

meangogetter wrote: Pacasa 3 is a free program and it's alright but I still prefer Photoshop. I'm still learning the program but it's a lot better than Pacasa in my book.

I thought that was for photo storage only? Can you edit?

No, it's not just for storage. You can do a little editing with Picasa but like i said, I wasn't impressed with it.

10 years 3 months ago #2376 by london
This is a great thread post, I am giong to have to try the stiching.

10 years 3 months ago #2509 by ShadowWalker
Photoshop CS3 or greater

Photo Comments

10 years 2 months ago #5368 by Mike Ayrouth

Rocket Man wrote: You can "stitch" them together in Photoshop

Where is that function found?

Getting BETTER one photo at a time!
Photo Comments

10 years 2 months ago #5375 by deewun
In Photoshop CS5. File>Automate>Photomerge. It works very well. See: www.pbase.com/deewun/image/129554171

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this FujiFilm X-A7 review, learn why this camera is an excellent entry-level option for beginner photographers.

Jan 18, 2021

The Sony a6100 has been out for over a year now. In this long-term Sony a6100 review, learn all about its features, specs, price, and more.

Jan 13, 2021

The Panasonic G85 might be a few years old, but it still has the specs and features to make it a highly useful camera. Get all the details in this Panasonic G85 review.

Jan 12, 2021

The Olympus OM-D E-M1 I is pushing eight years old, but for budget-minded photographers, it represents excellent value in 2021.

Jan 08, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With these basic photography tips, you'll learn about four exciting ways to print your photos that will help you bring your images to life.

Jan 22, 2021

There are plenty of reasons why you should use a teleprompter, not the least of which is to have better eye contact with the camera.

Jan 21, 2021

Learn how to get more leads by optimizing your website and making it as user-friendly as possible. More leads equals more business, so this is an easy way to boost your bottom line.

Jan 19, 2021

Use these simple mobile photography tips to get better results whether you have an iPhone or an Android device.

Jan 19, 2021

Text messaging for business can help you in many ways, from keeping in touch with clients to sending invoices to get paid. Learn other benefits in this photography business guide.

Jan 18, 2021

In this FujiFilm X-A7 review, learn why this camera is an excellent entry-level option for beginner photographers.

Jan 18, 2021

Not everyone is comfortable in front of the camera, but with these portrait photography tips, you'll learn surefire ways to help models relax and have fun.

Jan 18, 2021

It's easy to be inspired in photography, but sometimes you need some photography exercises to regain that creativity. Learn a few creative photography ideas in this guide.

Jan 18, 2021