"Awesome Eyes in Photoshop" Excellent Photography and Photoshop Tip!

13 years 2 months ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #22083 by PhotographyTalk

The following user(s) said Thank You: jordanmcrae, _Colleen_, sree2472
13 years 2 months ago #22206 by Homer
Indeed a good video :judge:

13 years 2 months ago #22404 by Number 7
These video's are really good for the newbies to watch :thumbsup: I watched it a few times.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #23302 by Gabriel Photos
Now that was entertaining :judge:

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #23317 by Ogy55
I shoot alot of landscape and wildlife, but this video was still interesting. I learn something everyday. :goodpost:

13 years 2 months ago #26355 by Hamtastic
Good tip

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #28475 by HAMEL
:) great video, thanks for sharing it with us all.

12 years 9 months ago #112660 by teri
:goodpost:

I have so much more to learn!!! Thanks for the lesson.

12 years 9 months ago #113002 by Henry Peach
Yikes! Very heavy handed, IMO. Her real eyes are beautiful. No need to create cartoon eyes. That might not show in a low res web pic, but in a larger print they'd look unnatural and painted in. I would use the selection tool and curves, like the first step, to adjust the tonality of the iris and pupil. The existing pupil looks real; a round circle with a bright white dot looks Walt Disney. Saturation can be adjusted as desired. A little bit of clarity brush or local contrast adjustment would bring out the texture of the iris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CharlotteFSU
12 years 6 months ago #148009 by Showbag
fabulous thankyou

12 years 5 months ago #159825 by martinwhelan
I completely agree with you henry, I don't see the need for creating a fake pupil and catchlight. slight enhancement using curves possibly some light burning/dodging is all that's needed

11 years 3 months ago #269695 by fm48
very very good :goodpost:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024