10 Items a Photographer Should Never Leave Home Without!

10 years 5 months ago #302599 by Coffee Bear
Nothing wrong with having a sit down :)

10 years 4 months ago #307503 by GeordieP
I don't know whether it's my eyes or I'm getting old, but I'm finding it difficult to see the LCD screen these days, particularly in the bright sunlight. Recently, I invested in a Hoodman loupe and what a difference!

I never leave home without it now.

8 years 10 months ago #438820 by mialopez002
Thanks For sharing !!

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #441955 by GreenMary
Great tips! Thanks!  I've also found such a thing: 
 at  KeepSnap blog , it's Vanguard VEO 42 Photographer Backpack. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe will do it this summer.

8 years 7 months ago #449874 by abarko
Thanks for the info!

5 years 8 months ago #591593 by Higbee
thanks for sharing, much appreciated this effort,Loved it:thumbsup:

5 years 6 months ago #604998 by selena18
Wow! I got it. You have answered one of my question that I was looking for couple of days. Excellent post and thanks for sharing.

5 years 5 months ago #609895 by saponcpa
Hi Geordie, are you find this kind of item?  

Attachments:
4 years 10 months ago #642977 by Nikon Shooter
A natural curiosity and a fair measure
of sense for wonder and beauty.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 2 months ago #672993 by Tom-Dinning
When I was young and energetic I could imagine taking this sort of stuff, although it would have been film stuff instead. 

as I reached middle age and digital came into play the list grew longer and the gear heavier. I persisted, mainly due to old habits not dieting as they should.

now I’ve reached old age I keep everything to a minimum, even for a long trip.
One lightweight mirror less camera.
2 compact lenses.
Spare card, mounted in camera.
Spare battery, chargeable through camera.
Cleaning cloth.
Smart phone for storage, editing, backing up to cloud.
ear buds.
enough cash for a coffee.
a walking stick and hat. Suitably dressed for occasion.
Sensible shoes. 
bus fare home.

Did you know old people take pictures as well?

Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #684017 by selena18
I generally convey a clean old soft white cotton handkerchief. Wipes off rains pots, drying camera. cleaning the eyepiece or the backscreen and some scissors - for decreasing bits of grass and vegetation that disrupt the general flow when shooting blossoms, parasites, and so on. Use cautiously and just cut back the base required.

3 years 5 months ago #698284 by saponcpa
My sensor does not work properly. Could you tell me what can I do?

3 years 4 months ago #700891 by Esseff
Awesome list. One thing I always forget is a cleaning cloth...

3 years 2 months ago #707721 by Pilotshark
Thanks, being a newbie this checklist is great and a great start for my kit.

you think that it would be common sense but when you are in a hurry to get out the door you forget things, so this is helpful.
I have a checklist for my drone so I will add this for my photo kit.

Handshake.

So after so many years of doing this or that and life itself getting in my way, I am now at the point where just slowing down and doing things I have put off I have concluded that its time to become creative and do what I want.
Thanks for giving me a place to get started. :-)

Photo Comments
3 years 2 months ago #707722 by Pilotshark
very wise, that looks like a lite weight one as well.

someone down three also mention a walking stick.

So after so many years of doing this or that and life itself getting in my way, I am now at the point where just slowing down and doing things I have put off I have concluded that its time to become creative and do what I want.
Thanks for giving me a place to get started. :-)

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024