About Critical Focus

2 years 11 months ago #716371 by Nikon Shooter
That came up in the master class today. Just like many other things
that will turn an image into a super duper image that are way easier
to tweak down than force in PP.  

Critical focus is a desirable feature that has less to do with the gear
but more with the combos are fine tuned to work well together.

These screenshots examples are published at 72 ppi… imagine when
at 300 ppi!
The full image to fit the 24" screen I'm working on

The same image at 100%

The same image at 200%

The same image at 400%

The same image at 800%

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #716399 by peterock33
Wow, this is right on NS.... I just love sharp.

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #716487 by Nikon Shooter
Cheers Peter!

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #716772 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day NS

Looking at these wonderful images does confirm to me the value that you and other professionals receive from excellent equipment, and is one of the (many?) things that distinguishes we 'hobby' photographers from the 'commercial' photographers of this world.  I commend you for your work and the quality of your imagery - both the creative aspects and then the follow-up technical aspects, which are all on show with your images

When I first started work - early 60s in a factory in Melbourne AUs, one of the messages I was given was to "always buy the best you can afford - and always produce the best work you are capable of".  This I have striven to do ever since then, and looking at your work, it seems that you had a similar 'task-master' as I did.

So- photographically - the best I can afford is a $1000 consumer-level camera, and you provide me with the wonderful visions from your kit, probably at 10x my 'poor little camera' comes to. It is beaut to be able to see the differences, but to also recognise 'real quality' when one sees it

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

2 years 11 months ago #716825 by Nikon Shooter
Many thanks, Phil… and stay well! :P

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024