About Critical Focus

4 days 12 hours ago #716371 by Nikon Shooter
That came up in the master class today. Just like many other things
that will turn an image into a super duper image that are way easier
to tweak down than force in PP.  

Critical focus is a desirable feature that has less to do with the gear
but more with the combos are fine tuned to work well together.

These screenshots examples are published at 72 ppi… imagine when
at 300 ppi!
The full image to fit the 24" screen I'm working on

The same image at 100%

The same image at 200%

The same image at 400%

The same image at 800%

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 days 7 hours ago #716399 by peterock33
Wow, this is right on NS.... I just love sharp.

Photo Comments

3 days 16 hours ago #716487 by Nikon Shooter
Cheers Peter!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

12 hours 3 minutes ago #716772 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day NS

Looking at these wonderful images does confirm to me the value that you and other professionals receive from excellent equipment, and is one of the (many?) things that distinguishes we 'hobby' photographers from the 'commercial' photographers of this world.  I commend you for your work and the quality of your imagery - both the creative aspects and then the follow-up technical aspects, which are all on show with your images

When I first started work - early 60s in a factory in Melbourne AUs, one of the messages I was given was to "always buy the best you can afford - and always produce the best work you are capable of".  This I have striven to do ever since then, and looking at your work, it seems that you had a similar 'task-master' as I did.

So- photographically - the best I can afford is a $1000 consumer-level camera, and you provide me with the wonderful visions from your kit, probably at 10x my 'poor little camera' comes to. It is beaut to be able to see the differences, but to also recognise 'real quality' when one sees it

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In the Sony a6100 vs Sony a6600 debate, there are plenty of similarities. There are also some key differences that could make one or the other a much better option for you.

May 04, 2021

The Pentax KP is an older DSLR with some excellent specs - but are they excellent enough to warrant purchasing this camera in 2021? Let's find out!

May 04, 2021

The Sony RX1R II is a high-end compact camera with loads of features. The question is, is it still worth the price in 2021?

Apr 27, 2021

The FujiFilm X-T20 is an older midrange mirrorless camera that still has plenty of punch for beginner and enthusiast photographers in 2021.

Apr 26, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Use these tips for good real estate photos to give your clients the best-looking images that will help get their home sold.

May 05, 2021

In the Sony a6100 vs Sony a6600 debate, there are plenty of similarities. There are also some key differences that could make one or the other a much better option for you.

May 04, 2021

Spring landscape photography can be a real treat if you take the time to plan, prepare, and get the right gear for photographing nature's beauty.

May 04, 2021

In this tutorial, learn what high speed sync is, how to use it, and why you should use it. You'll also learn the benefits of using high speed sync.

May 04, 2021

The Pentax KP is an older DSLR with some excellent specs - but are they excellent enough to warrant purchasing this camera in 2021? Let's find out!

May 04, 2021

Teaching online photography classes is a great way to add additional revenue to your photography business. Get some great tips in this tutorial!

May 03, 2021

Sometimes you can handhold your camera and get great results, but there are times when you really need a tripod to get the best images.

May 03, 2021

Taking more photos requires more time, sure, but it also requires planning, preparation, and a commitment on your part to actually go out and do it.

May 03, 2021