About Critical Focus

4 months 2 weeks ago #716371 by Nikon Shooter
That came up in the master class today. Just like many other things
that will turn an image into a super duper image that are way easier
to tweak down than force in PP.  

Critical focus is a desirable feature that has less to do with the gear
but more with the combos are fine tuned to work well together.

These screenshots examples are published at 72 ppi… imagine when
at 300 ppi!
The full image to fit the 24" screen I'm working on

The same image at 100%

The same image at 200%

The same image at 400%

The same image at 800%

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 2 weeks ago #716399 by peterock33
Wow, this is right on NS.... I just love sharp.

Photo Comments

4 months 2 weeks ago #716487 by Nikon Shooter
Cheers Peter!

Photo Comments

4 months 2 weeks ago #716772 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day NS

Looking at these wonderful images does confirm to me the value that you and other professionals receive from excellent equipment, and is one of the (many?) things that distinguishes we 'hobby' photographers from the 'commercial' photographers of this world.  I commend you for your work and the quality of your imagery - both the creative aspects and then the follow-up technical aspects, which are all on show with your images

When I first started work - early 60s in a factory in Melbourne AUs, one of the messages I was given was to "always buy the best you can afford - and always produce the best work you are capable of".  This I have striven to do ever since then, and looking at your work, it seems that you had a similar 'task-master' as I did.

So- photographically - the best I can afford is a $1000 consumer-level camera, and you provide me with the wonderful visions from your kit, probably at 10x my 'poor little camera' comes to. It is beaut to be able to see the differences, but to also recognise 'real quality' when one sees it

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

4 months 1 week ago #716825 by Nikon Shooter
Many thanks, Phil… and stay well! :P

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 II is now six years old, but despite that, it still has many capabilities and features that make it a good option for today's beginner and enthusiast photographers.

Sep 17, 2021

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G5 X II isn't a professional camera by any means, but if you're looking for a small, capable, compact camera, this might be the one for you.

Sep 02, 2021

If you think a nearly decade-old camera can't still hack it, you're wrong. Though it isn't perfect, the Fujifilm X-E2 is still a solid camera.

Sep 02, 2021

Latest Articles

If you aren't sure what the difference between photo restoration and photo retouching is, check out this quick explainer guideline.

Sep 20, 2021

With these accessories for micro four-thirds cameras, you'll be able to improve your workflow and expand the functionality of your camera.

Sep 17, 2021

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 II is now six years old, but despite that, it still has many capabilities and features that make it a good option for today's beginner and enthusiast photographers.

Sep 17, 2021

One of the most common ways of upselling clients is to offer prints. But how to get your clients to buy more prints can be a mystery. Here's how.

Sep 16, 2021

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

With these wedding photography accessories, you'll not only look good, but you'll also have gear that helps improve your workflow.

Sep 16, 2021

There are many benefits of buying used lenses, not the least of which is that you can save some money. Check out this guide for even more reasons to buy used.

Sep 15, 2021

Understanding what to charge for commercial real estate photography services is paramount to your success - now and in the future.

Sep 14, 2021