- Photography and Camera Forum
- Taking the Photo| Editing | The art of Photography!
- Tips and Taking Photos
- Photography Tip: Learn Action Photography and Panning Techniques
Photography Tip: Learn Action Photography and Panning Techniques
Now here's another fantastic video from Karl Taylor. In this video Karl shows you how easy it is to get those award winning action shots, and it's not all about freezing the action! Karl illustrates proper panning techniques and how to use the camera in shutter priority mode while using exposure compensation as needed.
Nikon D600 | Nikon D7100 | Nikon D800 | Canon 5D Mark III | Canon EOS-1D X
- Digital Photography: Top 100 Simplified Tips & Tricks
- Mastering Camera Aperture: Digital Photography Tips and Tricks for Beginners on How to Control Depth of Field
- Take Your Best Shot: Essential Tips & Tricks for Shooting Amazing Photos
- Digital Camera Tricks and Special Effects 101: Creative Techniques for Shooting and Image Editing
- 50 Fast Digital Camera Techniques
some things i would suggest while doing action photography like that.. if u do pan, don't go that slow 1/30th of a second.. especially if ur just starting out.. 1/125th is good especially with faster moving bikes/cars.. younger/slower moving ones it will be easier to do.. also and i won't say never, but i would suggest not making a habit of leaving ur feat in a sitting or kneeling position in any racing sport where ur close to the action.. think reaction time and hospital er and damaged equipment..
I shoot stock car races every friday night (leaving shortly actually) and moto cross races every saturday and sunday through out the summer..
my preferences for panning or freeze frame? mx i like to freeze the action..mud in the air, bikes hitting each other, stopping them mid air in a jump is very dramatic... for stock car racing i prefer the illusion of speed so i use the panning technique.. as i say.. anyone can put a car on the corner of the track and take a stagnic (frozen) shot.. drivers like to see the "speed" their car has even if it is the slowest car on the track.
just my lil take on action photography.