What's your favorite camera strap?

10 years 5 months ago #306099 by Archie
I want something new and looking for starting point of where to look.

thank you

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #306111 by garyrhook
Um, google for "camera strap"?

By which I mean to suggest that someone else's favorite may be completely irrelevant to you. Find some candidates, then research them. There are lots of comments about camera straps in this forum, easily searched for.

'Tis a rather personal decision.

Photo Comments
10 years 5 months ago #306157 by Scotty
Crumpler industry Disgrace is what I use.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
10 years 5 months ago #306165 by Hassner
My favorite was wide leather attached to the fittings of an old strap. Lenses were heavy then and the wide leather distributed the weight nicely on the shoulder. The leather was hand painted with bright colours. I was young and happy. :lol:

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
10 years 5 months ago #306241 by garyrhook

Hassner wrote: My favorite was wide leather attached to the fittings of an old strap. Lenses were heavy then and the wide leather distributed the weight nicely on the shoulder. The leather was hand painted with bright colours. I was young and happy. :lol:

Sounds like a modified guitar strap.

Photo Comments
10 years 5 months ago #306355 by Joves

garyrhook wrote:

Hassner wrote: My favorite was wide leather attached to the fittings of an old strap. Lenses were heavy then and the wide leather distributed the weight nicely on the shoulder. The leather was hand painted with bright colours. I was young and happy. :lol:

Sounds like a modified guitar strap.

Actually they pretty much were the same back then, except for the clasps on the camera straps. I have a Tamrac strap with flames on it. I am not really picky about them. All I care about is that they come off quickly when I want them to for mounting on my tripod.

10 years 5 months ago #306649 by Baydream
I prefer neoprene straps like Op-Tech. They have some flex for comfort and quick disconnects for tripod work.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
10 years 5 months ago #306757 by McBeth Photography
I don't really have a favorite. If I am shooting on a casual photowalk, I will use my old Tamrac neck strap with leather padding. If I am shooting portraits, I will use my Blackrapid RS-5 (very handy for my 80-200mm) and let the camera hang at my side OR just leave it on a tripod, with group shots the camera will always be on a tripod. :kmonst:

It is what it is.
10 years 5 months ago #306779 by Stealthy Ninja
The best normal strap (as Scotty already said) is the crumpler industry disgrace. I personally use the crumpler convenient disgrace, which isn't quite as comfortable, but let's you detach the strap if you want.
10 years 5 months ago #306781 by Stealthy Ninja

Baydream wrote: I prefer neoprene straps like Op-Tech. They have some flex for comfort and quick disconnects for tripod work.

Op/tech are pretty good. Not as good as crumpler though. The op/tech ones are not as comfortable and they make your neck sweat a lot.
10 years 5 months ago #306831 by garyrhook

Stealthy Ninja wrote: The best normal strap (as Scotty already said) is the crumpler industry disgrace. I personally use the crumpler convenient disgrace, which isn't quite as comfortable, but let's you detach the strap if you want.

The Amazon listing for this strap shows it attached to a tiny P&S :rofl:

Photo Comments
10 years 5 months ago #310777 by Ulrich Brodde
Maybe too late for the thread-opener but interesting to others.
Do you know the "sunsniper"?
For me the sunsniper-Pro is good since more than one year.
Don´t know if it is allowed to show the link (I don´t have any connections to them, just as a normal customer)
- if not allowed please delete.
www.sunsniperusa.com/
10 years 5 months ago #311047 by Stealthy Ninja

garyrhook wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: The best normal strap (as Scotty already said) is the crumpler industry disgrace. I personally use the crumpler convenient disgrace, which isn't quite as comfortable, but let's you detach the strap if you want.

The Amazon listing for this strap shows it attached to a tiny P&S :rofl:

Ha. That's weird.... maybe they want to make it look big.
10 years 5 months ago #311937 by JaneK
I have a Black Rapid that seems to be really working nice for me.

Photo Comments
10 years 4 months ago #316645 by ThatNikonGuy

JaneK wrote: I have a Black Rapid that seems to be really working nice for me.

Same here, good quality and comfortable. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024