What's your favorite camera strap?

7 years 5 months ago #306099 by Archie
I want something new and looking for starting point of where to look.

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #306111 by garyrhook
Um, google for "camera strap"?

By which I mean to suggest that someone else's favorite may be completely irrelevant to you. Find some candidates, then research them. There are lots of comments about camera straps in this forum, easily searched for.

'Tis a rather personal decision.

Photo Comments

7 years 5 months ago #306157 by Scotty
Crumpler industry Disgrace is what I use.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

7 years 5 months ago #306165 by Hassner
My favorite was wide leather attached to the fittings of an old strap. Lenses were heavy then and the wide leather distributed the weight nicely on the shoulder. The leather was hand painted with bright colours. I was young and happy. :lol:

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

7 years 5 months ago #306241 by garyrhook

Hassner wrote: My favorite was wide leather attached to the fittings of an old strap. Lenses were heavy then and the wide leather distributed the weight nicely on the shoulder. The leather was hand painted with bright colours. I was young and happy. :lol:

Sounds like a modified guitar strap.

Photo Comments

7 years 5 months ago #306355 by Joves

garyrhook wrote:

Hassner wrote: My favorite was wide leather attached to the fittings of an old strap. Lenses were heavy then and the wide leather distributed the weight nicely on the shoulder. The leather was hand painted with bright colours. I was young and happy. :lol:

Sounds like a modified guitar strap.

Actually they pretty much were the same back then, except for the clasps on the camera straps. I have a Tamrac strap with flames on it. I am not really picky about them. All I care about is that they come off quickly when I want them to for mounting on my tripod.

7 years 5 months ago #306649 by Baydream
I prefer neoprene straps like Op-Tech. They have some flex for comfort and quick disconnects for tripod work.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

7 years 5 months ago #306757 by McBeth Photography
I don't really have a favorite. If I am shooting on a casual photowalk, I will use my old Tamrac neck strap with leather padding. If I am shooting portraits, I will use my Blackrapid RS-5 (very handy for my 80-200mm) and let the camera hang at my side OR just leave it on a tripod, with group shots the camera will always be on a tripod. :kmonst:

It is what it is.

7 years 5 months ago #306779 by Stealthy Ninja
The best normal strap (as Scotty already said) is the crumpler industry disgrace. I personally use the crumpler convenient disgrace, which isn't quite as comfortable, but let's you detach the strap if you want.

7 years 5 months ago #306781 by Stealthy Ninja

Baydream wrote: I prefer neoprene straps like Op-Tech. They have some flex for comfort and quick disconnects for tripod work.

Op/tech are pretty good. Not as good as crumpler though. The op/tech ones are not as comfortable and they make your neck sweat a lot.

7 years 5 months ago #306831 by garyrhook

Stealthy Ninja wrote: The best normal strap (as Scotty already said) is the crumpler industry disgrace. I personally use the crumpler convenient disgrace, which isn't quite as comfortable, but let's you detach the strap if you want.

The Amazon listing for this strap shows it attached to a tiny P&S :rofl:

Photo Comments

7 years 5 months ago #310777 by Ulrich Brodde
Maybe too late for the thread-opener but interesting to others.
Do you know the "sunsniper"?
For me the sunsniper-Pro is good since more than one year.
Don´t know if it is allowed to show the link (I don´t have any connections to them, just as a normal customer)
- if not allowed please delete.
www.sunsniperusa.com/

7 years 5 months ago #311047 by Stealthy Ninja

garyrhook wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: The best normal strap (as Scotty already said) is the crumpler industry disgrace. I personally use the crumpler convenient disgrace, which isn't quite as comfortable, but let's you detach the strap if you want.

The Amazon listing for this strap shows it attached to a tiny P&S :rofl:

Ha. That's weird.... maybe they want to make it look big.

7 years 4 months ago #311937 by JaneK
I have a Black Rapid that seems to be really working nice for me.

Photo Comments

7 years 4 months ago #316645 by ThatNikonGuy

JaneK wrote: I have a Black Rapid that seems to be really working nice for me.

Same here, good quality and comfortable. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III review, learn all about its specs, features, video capabilities, price, and more.

Apr 15, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G7 X II is a few years old now, but does it still hold up as a solid point-and-shoot camera in 2021? Let's find out!

Apr 14, 2021

The Sony a5000 is quite a few years old now, but it still offers specs and features that make it a good entry-level camera.

Apr 07, 2021

In this Panasonic DMC-FZ2500 review, learn about this camera's specs, features, video capabilities, price, and much more.

Apr 06, 2021

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Losing photography clients might be the result of any number of mistakes you're making. Learn how to keep your clients happy with these tips.

Apr 19, 2021

Learning how to position lights for photography will give you the skills you need to take better quality portraits, products photos, and much more.

Apr 19, 2021

Using these street photography techniques, you'll learn how to improve the quality of your candid images and create color or black and white images that impress.

Apr 15, 2021

In this beginner photography gear guide, learn about the essential items you need in your kit to enhance your ability to take high-quality photos.

Apr 15, 2021

Use this real estate photography pricing guide to help you set your prices and earn a good living as a real estate photography expert.

Apr 15, 2021

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III review, learn all about its specs, features, video capabilities, price, and more.

Apr 15, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G7 X II is a few years old now, but does it still hold up as a solid point-and-shoot camera in 2021? Let's find out!

Apr 14, 2021

Learn how to expand your photography business with these quick and easy tips for 2021.

Apr 14, 2021