Bag/Case recommendation

5 years 10 months ago #584985 by Mastiiffmom
I need a bag, preferably a “case” for my gear. I think I’d like a hard side type. I don’t go trekking through the mountains shooting wildlife so, it could be on wheels. 
  1. Canon 70d
  2. Extra batteries
  3. Battery Charger
  4. Canon 70-300 Lens
  5. Canon 28-135 Lens 
  6. Tamron SP 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD Lens
  7. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2
  8. Apple iPad 
  9. Misc cords & other usual stuff
Is there something out there? Thanks.

5 years 10 months ago #584998 by Mastiiffmom
I ordered the Pelican 1510 with the dividers. I’ll let you know how it works out. 

5 years 10 months ago #585007 by garyrhook
I have a 1510 for travel, and it's quite nice. I use it for the body and lenses only; everything else goes in a backpack.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mastiiffmom
5 years 10 months ago #585012 by Mastiiffmom
It had a couple accessories available that I ordered too. There’s a “lid” organization kit. Looks like it can hold a small laptop or a pad. There are also several pockets for batteries, cords, chargers, etc. I’m really only worried about getting the big Tamron lens in there. Right now I have everything in a soft-side bag. A Tenba. It’s ok. But it’s bulky. And I hate the clips to open and close. They seem to “pinch” when I open the thing. Plus when everything is loaded up, it’s really heavy. The wheels will be nice. 

5 years 10 months ago #585067 by garyrhook
The Tamron will have to rest horizontally. Everything else will be vertical. If you arrange the lenses well you should have room for another smaller one or two left over.

I left 3-4 squares between each lens, and that was probably overkill. I made each hole pretty snug so nothing move around.

I didn't get the lid pocket; we'll see if that's necessary. Batteries go in a ziploc bag and lay on top, in case the TSA opens the case.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mastiiffmom
5 years 10 months ago #587842 by Mastiiffmom
OMG!!! I LOVE THIS CASE!!! 
I ordered it with the thick spongy Velcro dividers. So that worked perfect making a big slot for the large Tamron to lay flat. There are also straps to hold things down if they are loose. I put mine together so it’s pretty tight. 

The lid lid accessory is really great. I got the one with more pockets rather than the one with the sleeve for a laptop or iPad. The pockets are mesh with zippers, so you can easily see what you have. I have my extra batteries, battery chargers, my memory cards, portable (collapsible) lens bags, and additional cords. 

My my iPad will still lay on top. 

This thing is the BOMB. I love it. I shoot out in some difficult areas. And I drive out in a John Deere Gator. I can throw this in the back and have open on the tail gate to get & see exactly what I need easily. 

When I go to other places, the wheels make hauling this very HEAVY equipment so much easier!!

thanks again for all the help!

Attachments:
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #587843 by Mastiiffmom
Here’s the main part of the case
Make: Apple
Model: iPhone 7 Plus
Lens: iPhone 7 Plus back dual camera 3.99mm f/1.8
ISO: 20
Aperture: f/1.8
Shutter speed: 1/24 sec
Captured: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 16:06pm

Attachments:
5 years 10 months ago #587844 by Mastiiffmom
I do wish you could buy extra pieces of the yellow Velcro inserts. That would be nice. 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024