Hex Raven Mirrorless Bag

4 years 7 months ago #655137 by Paul Velasco
Would this hold Canon EOS R with 24-105mm and 24-70mm with room to spare? 

And a flash? 

4 years 7 months ago #655151 by Karen Russell
That clam shell back pack looks interesting.  I wonder how it feels on your back with a  computer stuffed in it? 

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655158 by J Photo Man
Not a lot of reviews out there on these.  I was originally looking at the Peak Design sling and then saw the Hex sling on B&H, but the review (there is only one) isn't all that great  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1443814-REG/hex_hx2469_camo_ranger_dslr_sling_camo.html/reviews

Well it's kind of in the middle.  I'm still on the fence myself.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655163 by Red Tail
That reviewer doesn't say what camera they have, this bag could be for mirrorless and he's trying to stuff a Canon 1Dx in it!  ha ha ha

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655263 by D Hornick
Looks like a mirrorless bag, sleek.  It looks like it has a little more room than the Peak Design.  I'm curious about that reviewers thoughts on the strap.  I'm trying to look at the photos to see what he is talking about.  On their website, they are sold out.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655286 by Zach Mosher

Paul Velasco wrote: Would this hold Canon EOS R with 24-105mm and 24-70mm with room to spare? 

And a flash? 

Hey Paul, got your PM, sorry for getting back so late.  No, I'm going to keep that.  Sent you link to one I found you might want to look into.  

Regarding this post, seems like a interesting bag.  While you are in NYC, you should swing my B&H and test it out in person.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655379 by Ian Stone
I think the day of the big bags are done.  Mirrorless is the key now.  Small bags like this will dominate.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655480 by Sean Lamber
For what you are trying to fit into that bag, it looks like a perfect fit based on the photos.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655521 by Chris Briggs
Never heard of this one. I'll stick with my Peak Design sling.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655597 by Ian Stone

Chris Briggs wrote: Never heard of this one. I'll stick with my Peak Design sling.  

Yep, these guys get it the most out of bag makers.  I have their backpack and messenger.  I use the messenger the most, daily actually.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655687 by Colorado Mike
Looks like it, and based on what they say about it as well.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655794 by Marin Chi
Blue and grey is surprising a good looking bag, and I don't normally like camo.  But no stock.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655796 by Paul Velasco
Agree, and got my answer, thanks all!

4 years 7 months ago #655907 by Frost Photography
I was just looking at this bag last week.  B&H doesn't show inventory either.  What's funny is the B&H rep was telling me about this bag when I asked what are some low profile sling style bags.  Then he mentioned they were out of inventory.

Just checked they have the plain black one in stock.  Honestly, not feeling that one.  But hey to each their own  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1443813-REG/hex_hx2469_blck_ranger_dslr_sling_black.html

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments
Attachments:
4 years 7 months ago #655908 by Frost Photography

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024