Hex Raven Mirrorless Bag

4 years 7 months ago #655909 by Howard T

Frost Photography wrote: If you can't wait here is alternatives that B&H rep referred me to:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1363559-REG/peak_design_bsl_5_bk_1_everyday_sling_5l_black.html

They also mentioned this one, but I didn't like it at all  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1431112-REG/timbuk2_1515_2_6114_mirrorless_camera_sling_bag.html

That Ranger bag looks way larger than the 5l peak design bag.  You're better off going with the 10L one.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655914 by Sassy Girl
Must be a new company, they only have one review.  

"I purchased this bag because it looked like fun and I like other Hex products. This bag is nicely done, but hampered by curious design decisions. The strap is attached to the side like a fanny pack (rather than the top). The length is too long (it could probably fit 2 cameras). The width is too narrow (you have to place the camera on its side, rather than on its bottom). I will keep the bag, but I am not certain how I will use it yet."

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655915 by Sassy Girl
Actually found 1 review on Amazon, a little better, but still there is only one review

" 5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for your collection February 26, 2019Color: Ranger BlackVerified PurchaseThis is my second HEX bag.
I have the ranger backpack for when I need to carry all my equipment.
This bag is perfect for when you only need minimal equipment.
Fits my Sony Alpha a7iii and 2/3 lenses.
Durable material and very comfortable.
All the additional pockets make it even easier to carry my wallet, extra sim cards and/or a flash."

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655916 by Chris Briggs

Ian Stone wrote: I think the day of the big bags are done.  Mirrorless is the key now.  Small bags like this will dominate.  

Just saw your responded to my post and notice this comment at the same time.  Dude, far from it.  Cameras are getting smaller, but still large bags are needed.  Perhaps more people will be buying smaller bags.  Yes that is plausible.  Think about the millions of DSLR owner, big bags are needed.  Think about the videographers, big bags are needed.  Thing about when you are going away on trip, likely larger bag will be needed.  Smaller bags are great for day trips, and when I'm out and about and want to go lean and mean.  

Just saying.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655918 by Ian Stone

Chris Briggs wrote:

Ian Stone wrote: I think the day of the big bags are done.  Mirrorless is the key now.  Small bags like this will dominate.  

Just saw your responded to my post and notice this comment at the same time.  Dude, far from it.  Cameras are getting smaller, but still large bags are needed.  Perhaps more people will be buying smaller bags.  Yes that is plausible.  Think about the millions of DSLR owner, big bags are needed.  Think about the videographers, big bags are needed.  Thing about when you are going away on trip, likely larger bag will be needed.  Smaller bags are great for day trips, and when I'm out and about and want to go lean and mean.  

Just saying.  

What I was trying to say and didn't do a good job is that cameras are getting smaller.  MOST people don't need large camera bags any more.  More and more smaller camera bags will be popping up from designers.  That's it.   :) 

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655920 by Chris Briggs

Ian Stone wrote:

Chris Briggs wrote:

Just saying.  

What I was trying to say and didn't do a good job is that cameras are getting smaller.  MOST people don't need large camera bags any more.  More and more smaller camera bags will be popping up from designers.  That's it.   :) 

Gotcha, then I misunderstood your messages direction.  Yes, I agree with you then.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #655950 by Richard K Photography

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #656110 by Freshstart

Richard K Photography wrote: You should look on Ebay, isn't this the bag you are after  https://www.ebay.com/itm/HEX-DSLR-Mirrorless-Camera-Bag-Black-HX2172-BLCK/202651126067?hash=item2f2ef2c933:g:bj4AAOSwa9dcruVo

Not much else on Ebay, plus you get a lot of other stuff coming up under that name too.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #656237 by Craig Stone
Ranger is their newer one.  It will hold what you have there.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #656328 by Soccer Mom
I went to Google Hex Ranger.  Looks like all that will fit, but honestly I'm not feeling that camo at all.  

Canon 7D, 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 70-200mm L f/2.8, 100mm and 17-55mm f/2.8
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024