Lefoto tripods

4 years 5 months ago #661679 by Carter Gledhill
What has been your experience with these tripods?  I'm seeing some mixed reviews, mostly good.  Some people say they are knocks to other more popular brands.  They seem like a good deal, and some have said they were impressed.  

What has been your opinion of them?

4 years 5 months ago #661819 by garyrhook
They're knock-offs.

If you have no compunction about spending that kind of money on a product that appears to have a design ripped off from a more reputable manufacturer, then by all means, purchase away.

On the other hand, you could look at a 3 Legged Thing (reputable) for a reasonable amount of money, and get something well designed and well made. And support a good company. And feel good about yourself.

And possibly avoid a tariff.  Just sayin'.

BTW it's LeoFoto.

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #661944 by Little Kate
I have a friend who bought one of their tripods, it looks SO close to RRS.  Nice but high price for a knockoff.  

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #661960 by SJM
why spend the bucks on a knockoff when you can get the real deal for a little more.  3 Legged Things are nice.  Have you had any issue with your legs getting loose?  

Country guy living in the big Apple!
Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #662091 by garyrhook

SJM wrote: Have you had any issue with your legs getting loose?  

Not me, no. They clamp down nicely.

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #662123 by Pat White
I almost got one of these and opted to get a Vanguard Alta Pro 2+ 264CT which is carbon fiber, kind of heavy, but it was under my budget.  Where as the  Lefoto  was over, and then someone told me they were a knock off of some other brand.  

4 years 4 months ago #665080 by Joslyn
Hi Carter, just be aware that they look nice in the start.  Then the inexpensive manufacturing starts taking a toll as time continues.  I know someone who bought one of these tripods, it looked great when they first started using it.  I almost bought one.  Glad I didn't.  Just after 30 days, the legs were so loose it was a pain to use.  I wouldn't now.  

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #665215 by Greg Friedman
It's like driving a Pinto dressed up to look like a Ferrari.  It's still a Pinto.  

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #666652 by J Hemingway
Oh no, just don't do it.  These are such a knock off tripods.  Just get the real deal.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024