Do any photographers have a bag they consider perfect?

4 years 3 days ago #682228 by Dan Spade
Does any photographer stop buying camera bags?  Why is it I'm always looking at other camera bags?  I like what I have and it does the job.  Man, I sound like my wife with her purse buying addiction.   LOL

This whole stay at home thing, leaves me shopping more.  Which isn't good because $$ isn't coming in as it was.  But, I have been able to restrain myself.  

Do you have a bag that you use regularly and consistently for 2,4, or more years? 

Photo Comments
4 years 2 days ago #682352 by 7Wishes
My most used bag is the original "Lowepro Nova 200 AW" bought 2011 and still going strong. Not the biggest bag, but big enough for a 5D Mark IV with grip, 70-200mm F4L IS II, 24-105mm F4L IS II and 14mm f2.8.

4 years 2 days ago #682355 by Nikon Shooter
I use since years  a Tamrac shoulder bag that contains
2 bodies, 5 lenses — from 14 to 200 ƒ2,8 — and a flash.

Sure, if more (or longer) lenses are needed I use either
my second Tamrac or other larger cases. I didn't buy a
new camera bag since a long time.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #686495 by selena18
I am using my lowprow backpack from the past two years and it's amazing. Holds the body, my 4 most utilized focal points, a few channels, batteries, cleaning gear, sd cards, and can hang on the opposite side a tablet, battery charges, my lunch, some treats (strolling the entire day with the backpack, permits me to have a bite or two). I would state It is a conventional sack for the mid to very good quality camera enthusiasts. I bring it into nature and to zoos. Except if I am charging my batteries, it is all set to bundle.

3 years 10 months ago #688280 by Rawley Photos
Think Tank Retrospective 10

Photo Comments
3 years 10 months ago #688368 by garyrhook

Dan Spade wrote: Does any photographer stop buying camera bags?

Not this one.

I used a LowePro messenger bag for quite a while, until I had the money to indulge myself.

Now I own a Think Tank Retrospective 2.0 (the tall one) and a Vision 15, plus a small Retrospective for my walk-round camera. I use a large Vanguard for gigs, as it holds a lot in one bag. I still have the LowePro but it doesn't get used. And I have a soft-sided canvas bag that I enjoy.

I just need a Billingham, or comparable, and I'll be set. :rofl:

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689230 by Stacy Craig

garyrhook wrote:

Dan Spade wrote: Does any photographer stop buying camera bags?

Not this one.

I used a LowePro messenger bag for quite a while, until I had the money to indulge myself.

Now I own a Think Tank Retrospective 2.0 (the tall one) and a Vision 15, plus a small Retrospective for my walk-round camera. I use a large Vanguard for gigs, as it holds a lot in one bag. I still have the LowePro but it doesn't get used. And I have a soft-sided canvas bag that I enjoy.

I just need a Billingham, or comparable, and I'll be set. :rofl:

OMG those Billingham bags are SOOOOO nice, but pricey!  Kind of heavy bags too.  Last year at Photo Plus, I had the chance to hold one.  These bags have some weight to them!

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #689593 by Nathan D
Oh yeah, those Billingham bags are super nice.  I saw one for first time last November.  Heavier than I expected, but was such a nice bag.  Way out of my camera bag budget though.  I wonder if there is a cheap Chinese knock off available.  :rofl: :whistle:

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #690605 by cbo315
My first bag (mid-70’s) was an original Domke. Wide unpadded web strap, but comfortable. Sadly the inner compartments unpadded also.
Next, I got a Tamrac System bag (‘82-‘83, I think).  Well padded, very durable. I still use it today.  I liked it so much that lately I picked up a Tamrac Apache messenger bag, so I didn’t have unpack repack one bag. 
I like the Apache, but that system bag has held a lot of gear in a lot of locations and held up very well. Other than sentimentality, it’s withstood being owned by me.
Dan

3 years 9 months ago #690613 by Chris Ly
I don't know about perfect, but my Peak Design Everyday backpack works for me.  At first I didn't care for how the bag opened on the sides, but it grew on me.  Love the bag now.   

Photo Comments
3 years 8 months ago #691128 by Kyle O

Rawley Photos wrote: Think Tank Retrospective 10

Such a good reliable bag.  Perfect?  No.  But awesome bag.  Bags are so purpose intended, so finding one that is perfect is nearly impossible.  Sure some will be better than others if you are doing 'X', but as soon as you steep in the direction of doing 'Y', that bag no longer serves as well. 

Photo Comments
3 years 8 months ago #691576 by nomad
i wrap my gear individually in lens wraps and throw it in any bag i want.  i usually use a military backpack, my current favorite backpack is the 5.11 covrt.  i also have a few bag inserts that i could use as well, but i prefer the wraps.

3 years 8 months ago #692678 by MYoung
My husband is ex marine and he picked up photography a couple years ago, and that's what he is using.  An old military rucksack.  

I like my Peak Design everyday backpack and I have a Think Tank Retro that is perfect for me.  

Photo Comments
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #692682 by Screamin Scott
I've got more bags than cameras... (Not really). I do have any number of bags (backpack, shoulder messenger, etc.) but they get used depending on the shoot and the gear taken. My most used is a messenger bag from Vanguard. I forgot to mention that I have several sizes of each bag as well.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #694287 by Ben Howen
I bought one of those Peak Design everyday backpacks and struggled with the side access.  I wouldn't say it's a perfect bag, but it's growing on me.  

Canon T3i, 18-55mm IS, 50mm, 55-250mm

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024