Do any photographers have a bag they consider perfect?

7 months 1 week ago #682228 by Dan Spade
Does any photographer stop buying camera bags?  Why is it I'm always looking at other camera bags?  I like what I have and it does the job.  Man, I sound like my wife with her purse buying addiction.   LOL

This whole stay at home thing, leaves me shopping more.  Which isn't good because $$ isn't coming in as it was.  But, I have been able to restrain myself.  

Do you have a bag that you use regularly and consistently for 2,4, or more years? 

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 1 week ago #682352 by 7Wishes
My most used bag is the original "Lowepro Nova 200 AW" bought 2011 and still going strong. Not the biggest bag, but big enough for a 5D Mark IV with grip, 70-200mm F4L IS II, 24-105mm F4L IS II and 14mm f2.8.

7 months 1 week ago #682355 by Nikon Shooter
I use since years  a Tamrac shoulder bag that contains
2 bodies, 5 lenses — from 14 to 200 ƒ2,8 — and a flash.

Sure, if more (or longer) lenses are needed I use either
my second Tamrac or other larger cases. I didn't buy a
new camera bag since a long time.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

5 months 4 weeks ago #686495 by selena18
I am using my lowprow backpack from the past two years and it's amazing. Holds the body, my 4 most utilized focal points, a few channels, batteries, cleaning gear, sd cards, and can hang on the opposite side a tablet, battery charges, my lunch, some treats (strolling the entire day with the backpack, permits me to have a bite or two). I would state It is a conventional sack for the mid to very good quality camera enthusiasts. I bring it into nature and to zoos. Except if I am charging my batteries, it is all set to bundle.

5 months 1 week ago #688280 by Rawley Photos
Think Tank Retrospective 10

Photo Comments

5 months 1 week ago #688368 by garyrhook

Dan Spade wrote: Does any photographer stop buying camera bags?

Not this one.

I used a LowePro messenger bag for quite a while, until I had the money to indulge myself.

Now I own a Think Tank Retrospective 2.0 (the tall one) and a Vision 15, plus a small Retrospective for my walk-round camera. I use a large Vanguard for gigs, as it holds a lot in one bag. I still have the LowePro but it doesn't get used. And I have a soft-sided canvas bag that I enjoy.

I just need a Billingham, or comparable, and I'll be set. :rofl:

Photo Comments

4 months 4 weeks ago #689230 by Stacy Craig

garyrhook wrote:

Dan Spade wrote: Does any photographer stop buying camera bags?

Not this one.

I used a LowePro messenger bag for quite a while, until I had the money to indulge myself.

Now I own a Think Tank Retrospective 2.0 (the tall one) and a Vision 15, plus a small Retrospective for my walk-round camera. I use a large Vanguard for gigs, as it holds a lot in one bag. I still have the LowePro but it doesn't get used. And I have a soft-sided canvas bag that I enjoy.

I just need a Billingham, or comparable, and I'll be set. :rofl:

OMG those Billingham bags are SOOOOO nice, but pricey!  Kind of heavy bags too.  Last year at Photo Plus, I had the chance to hold one.  These bags have some weight to them!

Photo Comments

4 months 3 weeks ago #689593 by Nathan D
Oh yeah, those Billingham bags are super nice.  I saw one for first time last November.  Heavier than I expected, but was such a nice bag.  Way out of my camera bag budget though.  I wonder if there is a cheap Chinese knock off available.  :rofl: :whistle:

Photo Comments

4 months 1 week ago #690605 by cbo315
My first bag (mid-70’s) was an original Domke. Wide unpadded web strap, but comfortable. Sadly the inner compartments unpadded also.
Next, I got a Tamrac System bag (‘82-‘83, I think).  Well padded, very durable. I still use it today.  I liked it so much that lately I picked up a Tamrac Apache messenger bag, so I didn’t have unpack repack one bag. 
I like the Apache, but that system bag has held a lot of gear in a lot of locations and held up very well. Other than sentimentality, it’s withstood being owned by me.
Dan

4 months 1 week ago #690613 by Chris Ly
I don't know about perfect, but my Peak Design Everyday backpack works for me.  At first I didn't care for how the bag opened on the sides, but it grew on me.  Love the bag now.   

Photo Comments

4 months 5 days ago #691128 by Kyle O

Rawley Photos wrote: Think Tank Retrospective 10

Such a good reliable bag.  Perfect?  No.  But awesome bag.  Bags are so purpose intended, so finding one that is perfect is nearly impossible.  Sure some will be better than others if you are doing 'X', but as soon as you steep in the direction of doing 'Y', that bag no longer serves as well. 

Photo Comments

4 months 2 days ago #691576 by nomad
i wrap my gear individually in lens wraps and throw it in any bag i want.  i usually use a military backpack, my current favorite backpack is the 5.11 covrt.  i also have a few bag inserts that i could use as well, but i prefer the wraps.

3 months 3 weeks ago #692678 by MYoung
My husband is ex marine and he picked up photography a couple years ago, and that's what he is using.  An old military rucksack.  

I like my Peak Design everyday backpack and I have a Think Tank Retro that is perfect for me.  

Photo Comments

3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #692682 by Screamin Scott
I've got more bags than cameras... (Not really). I do have any number of bags (backpack, shoulder messenger, etc.) but they get used depending on the shoot and the gear taken. My most used is a messenger bag from Vanguard. I forgot to mention that I have several sizes of each bag as well.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments

3 months 2 days ago #694287 by Ben Howen
I bought one of those Peak Design everyday backpacks and struggled with the side access.  I wouldn't say it's a perfect bag, but it's growing on me.  

Canon T3i, 18-55mm IS, 50mm, 55-250mm

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 might be four years old, but it still packs a punch for photographers looking for a feature-rich point-and-shoot camera.

Nov 23, 2020

The GoPro Hero 8 Black has since been replaced with the Hero 9 Black, but it's still a feature-rich action camera with plenty of mods to make it a great camera for you.

Nov 16, 2020

The Sony a9 II is a feature-rich full frame camera with superb image quality and video performance. In this review, learn all about its specs and capabilities.

Nov 12, 2020

In this Panasonic Lumix DC-G100 review, we'll look at the specs, features, build quality, price and more of this affordable camera for vloggers.

Nov 11, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you're after a cheap laptop for yourself or someone on your holiday shopping list, you might consider one of these computers under $500.

Nov 25, 2020

There are tons of Black Friday photography deals available this year. Check this list of Adorama Black Friday deals, Amazon Black Friday deals, and much more!

Nov 24, 2020

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 might be four years old, but it still packs a punch for photographers looking for a feature-rich point-and-shoot camera.

Nov 23, 2020

Canvas vs paper...which one is better? Personally, I prefer canvas because it looks great, is long-lasting, and can be very budget-friendly.

Nov 23, 2020

If you need some stocking stuffer ideas for your photography friends (or non-photography friends, for that matter...) check out this list of awesome Holdfast products.

Nov 23, 2020

With these holiday promo ideas for photographers, you'll get some solid ideas for boosting business as 2020 comes to a close.

Nov 23, 2020

Learning how to use a slider should begin with some basic slider techniques. Get some tips, tricks, and insights on simple slider shots in this quick tutorial.

Nov 23, 2020

Acrylic prints can be a beautiful addition to your home. But if you've never bought one, you probably have acrylic print questions. Get the answers you need in this buyer's guide.

Nov 20, 2020