Do any photographers have a bag they consider perfect?

3 months 2 weeks ago #682228 by Dan Spade
Does any photographer stop buying camera bags?  Why is it I'm always looking at other camera bags?  I like what I have and it does the job.  Man, I sound like my wife with her purse buying addiction.   LOL

This whole stay at home thing, leaves me shopping more.  Which isn't good because $$ isn't coming in as it was.  But, I have been able to restrain myself.  

Do you have a bag that you use regularly and consistently for 2,4, or more years? 

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago #682352 by 7Wishes
My most used bag is the original "Lowepro Nova 200 AW" bought 2011 and still going strong. Not the biggest bag, but big enough for a 5D Mark IV with grip, 70-200mm F4L IS II, 24-105mm F4L IS II and 14mm f2.8.

3 months 2 weeks ago #682355 by Nikon Shooter
I use since years  a Tamrac shoulder bag that contains
2 bodies, 5 lenses — from 14 to 200 ƒ2,8 — and a flash.

Sure, if more (or longer) lenses are needed I use either
my second Tamrac or other larger cases. I didn't buy a
new camera bag since a long time.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

2 months 5 days ago #686495 by selena18
I am using my lowprow backpack from the past two years and it's amazing. Holds the body, my 4 most utilized focal points, a few channels, batteries, cleaning gear, sd cards, and can hang on the opposite side a tablet, battery charges, my lunch, some treats (strolling the entire day with the backpack, permits me to have a bite or two). I would state It is a conventional sack for the mid to very good quality camera enthusiasts. I bring it into nature and to zoos. Except if I am charging my batteries, it is all set to bundle.

1 month 2 weeks ago #688280 by Rawley Photos
Think Tank Retrospective 10

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #688368 by garyrhook

Dan Spade wrote: Does any photographer stop buying camera bags?

Not this one.

I used a LowePro messenger bag for quite a while, until I had the money to indulge myself.

Now I own a Think Tank Retrospective 2.0 (the tall one) and a Vision 15, plus a small Retrospective for my walk-round camera. I use a large Vanguard for gigs, as it holds a lot in one bag. I still have the LowePro but it doesn't get used. And I have a soft-sided canvas bag that I enjoy.

I just need a Billingham, or comparable, and I'll be set. :rofl:

Photo Comments

1 month 6 days ago #689230 by Stacy Craig

garyrhook wrote:

Dan Spade wrote: Does any photographer stop buying camera bags?

Not this one.

I used a LowePro messenger bag for quite a while, until I had the money to indulge myself.

Now I own a Think Tank Retrospective 2.0 (the tall one) and a Vision 15, plus a small Retrospective for my walk-round camera. I use a large Vanguard for gigs, as it holds a lot in one bag. I still have the LowePro but it doesn't get used. And I have a soft-sided canvas bag that I enjoy.

I just need a Billingham, or comparable, and I'll be set. :rofl:

OMG those Billingham bags are SOOOOO nice, but pricey!  Kind of heavy bags too.  Last year at Photo Plus, I had the chance to hold one.  These bags have some weight to them!

Photo Comments

1 month 1 day ago #689593 by Nathan D
Oh yeah, those Billingham bags are super nice.  I saw one for first time last November.  Heavier than I expected, but was such a nice bag.  Way out of my camera bag budget though.  I wonder if there is a cheap Chinese knock off available.  :rofl: :whistle:

Photo Comments

2 weeks 6 days ago #690605 by Danny-cbo315
My first bag (mid-70’s) was an original Domke. Wide unpadded web strap, but comfortable. Sadly the inner compartments unpadded also.
Next, I got a Tamrac System bag (‘82-‘83, I think).  Well padded, very durable. I still use it today.  I liked it so much that lately I picked up a Tamrac Apache messenger bag, so I didn’t have unpack repack one bag. 
I like the Apache, but that system bag has held a lot of gear in a lot of locations and held up very well. Other than sentimentality, it’s withstood being owned by me.
Dan

2 weeks 6 days ago #690613 by Chris Ly
I don't know about perfect, but my Peak Design Everyday backpack works for me.  At first I didn't care for how the bag opened on the sides, but it grew on me.  Love the bag now.   

Photo Comments

2 weeks 13 hours ago #691128 by Kyle O

Rawley Photos wrote: Think Tank Retrospective 10

Such a good reliable bag.  Perfect?  No.  But awesome bag.  Bags are so purpose intended, so finding one that is perfect is nearly impossible.  Sure some will be better than others if you are doing 'X', but as soon as you steep in the direction of doing 'Y', that bag no longer serves as well. 

Photo Comments

1 week 4 days ago #691576 by nomad
i wrap my gear individually in lens wraps and throw it in any bag i want.  i usually use a military backpack, my current favorite backpack is the 5.11 covrt.  i also have a few bag inserts that i could use as well, but i prefer the wraps.

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Nikon D500 vs Nikon D7500 matchup, we explore the features and specs, pros and cons, and prices of these older, but highly capable DSLRs.

Jun 22, 2020

Check out this Sony a7R IV review to learn all about this incredible camera's specs, features, image quality, price, and more.

Jun 15, 2020

The Panasonic Lumix S1 might be a few years old, but its features and specs (and its used price today) make it worth a long, hard look.

Jun 08, 2020

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 II review, learn about the camera's specs and features, pros and cons, price, and much more.

Jun 02, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

By using these photography business tips, you can improve your business communication skills, minimize misunderstandings, and secure more clients.

Jul 30, 2020

Learning how to shoot for stock photography is a simple matter of keeping tabs on stock photography trends, learning how to see creatively, and other simple tasks.

Jul 30, 2020

The RevoRing by H&Y is one of the most innovative photography products of the year. It's also the most-funded filter accessory in Kickstarter history!

Jul 29, 2020

Decorating your home with photos doesn't have to be a difficult process. With these tips on how to hang photos, you'll be able to decorate your home in no time!

Jul 29, 2020

Need lights for video recording? If you're recording video at home, consider these lights as excellent options for any budget.

Jul 29, 2020

With these printing options, you have lots of choices for getting a high-quality print for your home.

Jul 29, 2020

With these easy tips for taking better photos, you'll be armed and ready to elevate the quality of the images you create.

Jul 28, 2020

The long-awaited Sony a7S III has finally been announced, and it sports some incredible specs for low-light shooting and 4K video.

Jul 28, 2020