Camera Bag Advice/Suggestions

3 years 6 months ago #697582 by Khelm
I just recently purchase a fuji XT3 and am considering purchasing a new bag.  Before with my Fuji X100T I simply had a small padded pouch and kept it inside my backpack.  With it's rangefinder - thin and light- body this was never a problem.  Now that I have upgraded and the camera has a larger profile with the lens I was seeking some advice.

I'm use to carrying my camera everywhere in my normal laptop backpack even if I may not use it.  I do not have a lot of camera gear and currently only have the X100t, the XT3 with a Viltrox 33mm f/1.4 lens, tripod, and misc stuff.  So I do not know if I even need to invest in a camera bag at this time.  But I HATE the free square bag I got with the camera and don't want to use it (I am until I figure out a better solution).  I will usually empty my bag except my camera, tripod, and some other accessories if I go shooting.  

Those with more experience would you be willing to offer advice and suggestions?  Do I even need to invest in a bag?  Is there something I don't know about since I have never had to worry about gear? Pros and Cons of different styles of bags? etc.  Thanks.

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #697583 by Nikon Shooter

Shoulder bags… I always only worked with with them
Pro: quickest way to access the gear
Con: vulnerable when it has to be put down

Sling bags… shoulder or belt type
Pro: great for light gear, safer than shoulder bags
       since it won't have to be put down so often
Con: sweaty in Summer

Backpack
Pro: can be of any size, slowest access
Con: the sweatiest in my book.

HTH

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024