Learn & Explore Series: MPB
Did You Know?
MPB.com was originally a site for Brazilian pop music. To buy the domain we stuffed two bags with 1500 $100 bills, got on a plane and headed to Copacabana Beach.
Did You Know?
We once got hold of an incredibly rare Canon EF 1200mm lens, which was listed on mpb.com for $125,000/£99,000. Only 20 of these have ever been made at a rate of two per year!
Equipment to test at this scale has to be 100 times more accurate than an electron microscope, so the owner tests each filter live on the Sun for final qualification.
Special Thanks to Industry Expert:
Questions covered in the above interview:
- Let’s start off with, what is MPB?
- What year was this company founded?
- Let’s jump in the way back machine, let’s go back to the very day you started this company. What was the original inspiration for doing so?
- When a company releases a product or service they generally have a particular avatar or audience in mind. Can you share who that person is here?
- What has been your proudest accomplishment to date for MPB?
- It seems common that companies title their products/services as the “Best” in their market. How do you feel ’MPB’ compares to others in the marketplace?
- Another term that is somewhat cliché and tossed around a lot is “Innovation”. How do you feel your service is innovating?
- What do you believe is one of the biggest challenges photographers face when buying or selling used gear?
- Now you folks have a strong foundation in European markets, what was the motivator to jump into the U.S. market?
- Talk to us about how your service work?
- If someone wants to sell or trade in their gear, what’s the process?
- What gear are you interested in buying?
- What sort of warranty do you offer on used gear you sell?
- How is gear that is sold shipped?
- What is the one word that you believe sums up MPB?