1. For many photographers, traveling with camera equipment and personal luggage can be a huge hassle. They often need multiple bags on wheels or must rent a number of airport luggage carriers. Even then, piling equipment cases and luggage on those carriers doesn’t make them very secure when hurrying through the airport. Bringing a separate cart or dolly isn’t much of a solution, since it becomes an extra piece of baggage to check, and the airlines charge for it.
2. Maybe, the ultimate solution is one of the Porter Case products designed and manufactured specifically for photographers. These travel cases are built with sturdy 4-inch, ball bearing wheels on solid 3/8” steel axle, so they can be rolled through the airport, across a parking lot or on most any surface where your photography assignments take you.
3. They also conform to TSA luggage regulations, allowing them to be taken onboard. They roll through the aisle and fit under many seats and in overhead compartments. Each Porter Case is fastened with a TSA combination lock for complete safety when it must be checked, which also permits security personnel to open and inspect the case with their passkeys.
4. Since Porter Cases don’t have to be checked at the airline counter, photographers also save a considerable amount of money with no excess baggage charges.
5. The biggest advantage of Porter Cases, however, is that many of them also have a CART system. It easily transforms into a rugged baggage carrier on which you can stack as much as 150 pounds of camera cases, tripod and lighting packs and your personal luggage. The tie-down strap then secures all the luggage and bags in place.
6. A Porter Case is so durable it can also be used as a seat when waiting for a scheduled flight or train.
7. The PCi Camera Divider Case and PCi Deluxe Camera Divider Case have side and end handles and an equally protective interior. The inside of the lid has a form-fitted piece of foam and an elastic crossover strap. The main compartment is ringed with an outer foam piece and divided into a series of adjustable sections for various photography equipment and accessories. There is another foam piece covering the bottom of the interior that can be customized to the size of your equipment.
The PCi Deluxe Camera Divider Case has an added narrow compartment in the lid that accommodates thin laptop computers, such as the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.
8. The PCX Lite Photo Divider Camera Case is another Porter Case solution for budget-conscious photographers, who still need the protection and security of the full-size cases. The PCX Lite features a similar interior design as the PCi Camera Divider Case and PCi Deluxe Camera Divider Case, including foam inserts in the lid and bottom of the case and 8 customizable dividers to create the compartments you need for your specific photography equipment.
The PCX Lite is also small enough to take on board a plane and fit under seats and in overhead compartments. Its CART mechanism will support as much as 100 pounds.
9. Other Porter Cases designed for photographers include the Rolling Softie 160 Photo Camera/Computer Case and the Large Rolling Softie 260 Photo Camera/Computer Case that is 2 inches wider than the 160 model. These smaller cases are built to hold a camera and some accessories or a digital projector and a laptop.
10. The PCi Camera Divider Case is priced at $242.00 and the PCi Deluxe Camera Divider Case at $259.00 from B&H Photo Video on its Web site at http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=Porter+Case&N=0&InitialSearch=yes.
11. The PCX Lite Photo Divider Camera Case retails for $224.00, the Rolling Softie 160 Photo Camera/Computer Case for $226.00, and the Large Rolling Softie 260 Photo Camera/Computer Case for $244.00. Visit the Porter Case Web site at http://www.portercase.com/catalog/ for more information.
Feel free to visit our tripods, bags and all "other" accessories forum
Photograph provided by www.adorama.com