1. If your mother has expressed an interest in digital photography or acquiring a camera, then take the hint and surprise her for Mother’s Day with one of these new cameras for 2012.
The Canon PowerShot A4000 IS compact camera has a sleek, chic metal body. It comes in 5 contemporary colors: black, silver, blue, red and pink and one is sure to match Mom’s lifestyle and fashion sense. It’s equipped with an 8x optical zoom lens, which translates to 28–224mm in the 35mm format. She’ll be able to capture better photos of her family, friends, vacations, holidays and all the events in her life. Its 16-megapixel sensor records sharp details and vibrant colors in digital photos and 720p HD video.
The PowerShot A4000 IS compact camera can be ordered from B&H Photo Video for only $169, a $30 instant savings that is good through April 28, 2012. Visit http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=Canon+PowerShot+A4000+IS&N=0&InitialSearch=yes.
The new Sony Cyper-shot HX 30 Digital Camera was designed and built for ease of use and convenience with its compact size, but what will draw the most attention is its Wi-Fi sharing capabilities. Mom will be able to upload photos and videos directly to social media sites, but also Android and iOS devices, such as smartphones, tablets or laptops. She’ll quickly share her fun, travels and adventures with family and friends in real-time, instead of waiting until she arrives home. The Sony Cyper-shot HX 30 features a 18.2-megapixel CMOS sensor, Sony’s exceptional G lens with a 20x optical zoom range and 1080/60p Full-HD video.
As of the writing of this PhotographyTalk article, the Sony Cyper-shot HX 30 digital camera was available for pre-order from B&H Photo Video for $419.99. The camera is scheduled to ship on May 9, 2012. For more information, visit http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=Sony+Cyper-shot+HX+30+camera&N=0&InitialSearch=yes.
2. Mom will give you a big kiss when she receives the stylish Belle Camera Bag for Women from Epiphanie Bags. You know she loves to take pictures, but doesn’t want to carry an unflattering, black camera bag in addition to a bag for personal items. That’s why Epiphanie Bags created 7 beautiful, trendy bags that any woman would like to call her own. The Belle is a spacious 14x8x8 and comes in three new designer colors for the spring, teal, fuchsia and tangerine. Plus, its interior is customizable for camera equipment and personal items.
Visit Epiphanie’s Web site at epiphaniebags.com to order the Belle bag for just $164.99.
3. If Mom has an iPhone 4 or 4S, then she may have all the digital camera she wants or will ever need. You can enhance the phone’s shooting capabilities with a gift of the Schneider iPro Lens System. It contains separate fisheye and wide-angle lens, plus a pocket-sized lens case that not only houses the lenses when not in use, but also serves as a universal tripod mount and convenient grip.
Schneider Optics’ iPro Lens System can be ordered directly from the company for $199 via its Web site, iprolens.com.
4. If Mom likes to view photos she’s taken or those from family members on the new iPad, then a perfect gift is Joy Factory’s SmartSuit3. It is a thin, but tough, durable and rigid, case that is built to give the back of the new iPad optimum protection. It is also very stylish, with a sleek design in black, bronze or silver. The SmartSuit3 works as a stand to make it easy to watch movies and videos or leave it flat to update photo galleries.
Joy Factory’s SmartSuit3 from for the new iPad can be ordered from Joy Factory’s Web site for $59.95, at http://www.thejoyfactory.com/category/protection.
5. For a Mother’s Day gift Mom will remember the rest of her life, especially if she is serious about photography, enroll her in Visionary Wild’s Advanced Photography Workshop in Tuscany, September 2–9, 2012. It will be more than a learning opportunity; it will be a travel adventure and once-in-a-lifetime experience. She’ll be one of just 10 photographers who will receive guidance and instruction from Annie Griffiths, a National Geographic photographer with a worldwide reputation, and Justin Black, a well-known photographer, co-founder of Visionary Wild and trip leader.
Visit the Visionary Wild Web site for complete information, at http://visionarywild.com/workshops/florence-and-tuscany/#more-919.
6. When Mom is trying to take adorable pictures of infants or small children, or anyone, she’ll be very happy you gave her a set of Shutter Buddies for Mother’s Day. These are colorful and attractive characters that fit around the camera’s lens to attract the attention of infants and small children, so capturing their photos is easier, less time-consuming and less stressful for the child. All Shutter Buddies are hand-made with high quality materials and include a squeaker to cause children to look at the camera.
Choose from 12 different Shutter Buddies, such as Fred Frog, Oscar Octopus and Claire Caterpillar, or select one of the three Shutter Buddies collections that will save you money. To order your Shutter Buddies, visit http://shutterbuddies.bigcartel.com/.
People who read this PhotographyTalk.com article also liked:
Your feedback is important to thousands of PhotographyTalk.com fans and us. If this article is helpful, then please click the Like and Re-Tweet buttons at the top left of this article.
Photograph © sony.com