1. If Dad is ready to advance from a compact camera or older DSLR, then the new Sony A57 DSLR is a worthy choice. With the introduction of this new camera, Sony refuses to relinquish any of the digital photography spotlight to Nikon and Canon. The A57 competes head-to-head with Canon’s well-established EOS Rebel T3i and T2i and Nikon’s new D3200. The Sony A57 DSLR features a 16-megapixel CMOS sensor, a 3” rear display and 1080 Full-HD at 60 fps (as well as 24 fps) in AVCHD 2.0 standard capture.
The new Sony A57 DSLR can be ordered from B&H Photo Video for $699.99 body only or $799.99 with the Sony 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6 DT AF lens at http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=Sony+A57&N=0&InitialSearch=yes.
2. When Dad is trying to take adorable pictures of infants or small children, or anyone, he’ll be very happy you gave him a set of Shutter Buddies for Father’s Day. These are colorful and attractive characters that fit around the camera’s lens to attract the attention of infants and small children, so capturing their photos is easier, less time-consuming and less stressful for the child. All Shutter Buddies are hand-made with high quality materials and include a squeaker to cause children to look at the camera.
Choose from 12 different Shutter Buddies, such as Fred Frog, Oscar Octopus and Claire Caterpillar, or select one of the three Shutter Buddies collections that will save you money. To order your Shutter Buddies, visit http://shutterbuddies.bigcartel.com/.
3. Maybe, Dad is happy with the photography capabilities of his iPhone 4 or 4S. You can expand the versatility of his iPhone with the iPro Lens Kit from Schneider Optics. The kit contains separate fisheye and wide-angle lens, plus a pocket-sized lens case that not only houses the lenses when not in use, but also serves as a universal tripod mount and convenient grip.
Schneider Optics’ iPro Lens System can be ordered directly from the company for $199 via its Web site, iprolens.com.
4. Does Dad enjoy digital photography so much that he is carrying his camera wherever he and the family goes? You can give him the gift of more comfort and convenience with the Black Widow Spider Holster Kit. Instead of the constant rubbing of a camera strap around his neck, Dad can strap on a Spider Camera Holster. The Black Widow Spider Holster Kit is made specifically for lightweight DSLRs and compacts and detachable lenses. The Kit includes the holster, belt, pad and heavy-duty, stainless steel pin. It will securely place Dad’s camera on his hip, so he can travel, hike or climb hands free and still have his camera ready for a quick draw!
The Black Widow Spider Holster Kit is only $65.99, and can be ordered directly from the company’s Web site, spiderholster.com.
5. For the father who enjoys flash photography, a great Dad’s Day gift is the Ultimate Light Box Kit from Harbor Digital Designs. The Ultimate Light Box includes a flash adapter and dome diffuser in sizes for all flash models. The light box component is then attached to the adapter. This combination enlarges the surface area of a flash as much as 700%. The Ultimate Light Box kit also comes with a large reflector, which captures and reflects more of the light a flash emits in all directions.
PhotographyTalk and its vendor partner, Harbor Digital Design, are offering an additional 15% off the current special offers for the Ultimate Light Box Kit, Quick Spot, XT Flash Extender and all other Harbor Digital Design flash-enhancement products. This offer is valid from May 1 through May 31, 2012. Please use the discount code, PT15, to order from the company’s Web site: www.harbordigitaldesign.com.
6. Is Dad always traveling? Maybe he is a professional/commercial photographer who must take plenty of equipment with him? He’ll just love the greater security and travel convenience of the Think Tank Photo Airport Security V 2.0 Rolling Camera Bag. It has been designed to conform to current TSA-legal dimensions for carry-on luggage, and fits easily into a standard overhead compartment. The bag has also a spacious bottom section with room for a 70–200 f/2.8 lens packed vertically, or a 400mm f/2.8, 500mm f/4 or 600mm lens with the hood reversed and the lens cap affixed.
The Think Tank Airport Security V 2.0 Rolling Camera Bag is just $379.75 and can be ordered directly from the company at http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/airport-security-v2-roller-camera-bag.aspx.
7. For Dads who are always ready to explore the great outdoors and are serious about capturing excellent nature, wildlife and landscape photography, Stealth Gear’s Extreme Urban Photographer’s Jacket/Vest is the gift you should give him. It’s not just the comfort and protective features of the Extreme Urban Photographer’s Jacket/Vest, but also its excellent versatility. It’s almost like wearing a camera bag, with all of its many pockets and storage areas.
The Stealth Gear Extreme Urban Photographer’s Jacket/Vest comes in small, medium, large and extra larger and can be ordered directly from the company’s Web site for $395 (CAD) at http://www.stealth-gear.ca/Clothing.html.
People who read this PhotographyTalk.com article also liked:
Your feedback is important to thousands of PhotographyTalk.com fans and us. If this article is helpful, then please click the Like and Re-Tweet buttons at the top left of this article.
Photograph © shutterbuddies.com