Most of us have hobbies and activities we enjoy in our spare time. Besides photography, you might be into cooking, drawing, bowling or tennis. If so, read no further, this isn’ t an article for you. If, however you fancy diving, mountain biking, hiking, or other outdoor thrills, this might interest you. We have put together a list of the best, all weather compact cameras that are made to take a beating. These little cameras can go underwater, through mud , sand and extreme temperatures. They are the more affordable alternative to underwater housings for DSLRs, and not to mention, they are a lot lighter. To be fair, we didn’t include GoPro, as they are a category of their own and are generally used mounted on something. However, all these cameras are fully weather sealed, and some can handle a lot of physical pressure as well.
Outstanding image quality shouldn’t be expected, as they are in line with mainstream digital compacts. Keeping the ISO to a minum though will get you some pretty decent images.
So here are our top picks that will help you record the best memories of the coming spring and summer.
Highlights: Waterproof depth 59ft. , Shock prood against drops 6.7ft. , 16mpx, 5x optical zoom, GPS, Full HD video.
Highlights: Waterproof to 40ft. , Shockproof from drops of up to 5ft. , 16mpx, 5x optical zoom.
Highlights: Waterproof to 40ft, crushproof to 220 pounds, FullHD video at 30fps,
Highlights: 12.1 MPX, 5x optical zoom, Waterproof to 33ft. , Full HD video.
Highlights:Waterpoof to 20 ft, 16mpx, FullHD video, 10fps burst at full resolution.
- Take Your Best Shot: Essential Tips & Tricks for Shooting Amazing Photos
- 110 Perfect Photography Tips for Beginners!
- The Complete Photo Manual: 300+ Skills and Tips for Making Great Pictures
- 50 Photo Projects - Ideas to Kickstart Your Photography
- Photo Op: 52 Inspirational Projects for the Adventurous Image-maker
- Composition: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Exposure and Understanding the Histogram
- Photojojo!: Insanely Great Photo Projects and DIY Ideas
- The Print and the Process: Taking Compelling Photographs from Vision to Expression
Image credit: bradcalkins / 123RF Stock Photo