- Light It, Shoot It, Retouch It: Learn Step by Step How to Go from Empty Studio to Finished Image
- Secrets of Great Portrait Photography: Photographs of the Famous and Infamous
- Shooting in Sh*tty Light: The Top Ten Worst Photography Lighting Situations and How to Conquer Them
- 2013 Photographer's Market: The Most Trusted Guide to Selling Your Photography
- Best Business Practices for Photographers
- The Fast Track Photographer Business Plan: Build a Successful Photography Venture from the Ground Up
- Group Portrait Photography Handbook
- The Best of Family Portrait Photography: Professional Techniques and Images
- 500 Poses for Photographing Group PortraitsSelling Your Photography: How to Make Money in New and Traditional Markets
- Starting Your Career as a Freelance Photographer
- Photographer's Survival Manual: A Legal Guide for Artists in the Digital Age
- Legal Handbook for Photographers: The Rights and Liabilities of Making Images
- Taking Stock: Make money in microstock creating photos that sell
- Going Pro: How to Make the Leap from Aspiring to Professional Photographer
We had been dreaming up our Caribbean editorial shoot for a LONG time - for at least two years. We finally got the chance to make it happen this past fall, when we traveled to a beautiful island off the coast of Puerto Rico. We had a custom red gown made for the shoot, hired a gorgeous model, brought part of our team with us, and arranged to work with a horseback riding company on the island. We also brought our favorite equipment with us - including the amazing TritonFlash from Photoflex! After all the planning and preparation, it all came together wonderfully, and we had an absolutely magical day.
As business owners who run a high-volume boudoir studio, there are days when we get caught up in the day-to-day realities of running a big studio. So for us, doing photo shoots like this is our way to reconnect with our passion for photography, and to have a creative outlet where we aren't worried about expectations. For shoots like this, it's all about having fun, creating a storyboard, and capturing the beauty that surrounds us. It was a dream come true!
Here are some behind-the-scene shots of the shoot:
We used our TritonFlash mostly at this location and had a lot of fun experimenting and working with it. In addition to the power and quality of light it provides, we absolutely love how light the TritonFlash is - perfect for traveling and doing photo shoots on-location!
Here's a few of the result shots we got from this location.
It truly was an unforgettable day, in which we came away with some beautiful images.
While we were in the Caribbean, we also got to shoot some fabulous clients who traveled there for our "Destination Boudoir" sessions. We had a blast with those women, and made memories that will last a lifetime. We are now starting to offer even more destination shoots - including Las Vegas, Seattle, and Paris, France. For more information, visit our Workshops page.
Check out: THE 19 MOST EXPENSIVE PHOTOGRAPHS EVER SOLD