- Learn how to use small and large light setups for portraits with award-winning photographer RC Concepcion.
- Get insider tips on tapping into your creativity and developing your creative process with creative revolutionary Joel Grimes.
- Explore how to choose the right gear for your next film with award-winning cinematographer Eve M. Cohen.
- Get great pointers on taking better sports photos, whether it's of your kids in Little League or of athletes at the Olympics with world renown photographer Jeff Cable.
- Learn the ins and outs of starting a business with Barbara Griffith, President of Southern California Leasing.
- Discover unique ways to rig your gear for films and commercials with Jason Hernandez.
- Learn how to photograph one of California’s most iconic landscapes - the surf and shore - with Zak Noyle, one of the premier surf photographers in the world.
- See how the 4K video revolution is blurring the lines between video and still images in this 4K for photographers class with Giulio Sciorio.
Speakers and instructors from all over the U.S. are set to share insights on all aspects of photography and cinema
What better place to learn more about photography and videography than PhotoCon LA, a photo and cinema extravaganza?!
I mentioned the other day how excited I am that Samy’s Camera is sponsoring this event, which, by the way, is the largest ever photo and cinema trade show in our neck of the woods! Part of what makes PhotoCon LA such a special event is that there will be ample opportunities for photographers of all ages and ability levels to learn something new.
With a veritable who’s who of photography and video experts lined up to lead classes and give presentations, PhotoCon LA is hard to beat in terms of opportunities to acquire skills and deepen your knowledge as it pertains to creating better photos and videos.
Over the course of the two-day event, there will be 40 one-hour long classes that dive into photography and videography subjects of all kinds. Check out a few of the classes on the PhotoCon LA schedule:
This is just a taste of the incredible classes that will be offered at PhotoCon LA. Believe it or not, there’s even more to learn in the 15-20 minute presentations that will occur over the course of each day of the event. Presentations will focus on the hottest trends and will give you the chance to see the newest photography and videography gear on the market.
What’s more, highly-lauded photographers will be on hand for expert talks on topics that range from beauty and fashion to photography for social media to wildlife photography and more. These hour-long presentations feature expert photographers, including the likes of Joe McNally, Brian Smith, Larry C. Price, Michael Muller, and more! Samy’s Camera will be on hand with Samy’s Photo School Booth, which will have expert presentations both days of the event as well.
There will be no shortage of learning opportunities at PhotoCon LA! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just picked up your very first camera or if you’ve been in the business for decades. There is something for everyone, and with so many excellent courses and presentations all under one roof, it’s also an easy and convenient way to build your skills.
While you’re there, you can check out products from over 50 of the top vendors in the field, buy gear, trade in gear, or trade up gear as part of Samy’s huge clearance sale, visit with other photography enthusiasts, and meet celebrities as well!
PhotoCon LA will be held May 21-22, 2016 at Magic Box at The Reef in Downtown LA. For detailed information about the speakers and instructors, a list of the weekend’s classes and presentations, or to purchase tickets, visit PhotoCon LA.