1. Since the mid-70s, Manfrotto has been recognized as at, or near, the top of the industry for its tripods and other products as well as innovation, quality, performance and service.
Read real customer reviews of the Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod here.
2. The 190XPROB is an excellent small tripod for product, close-up and copy work. It’s four feet (122cm) tall with legs fully extended, plus the height of the head you use. The center column adds more height, 9.5 inches (24cm), for a total of 57.5 inches (146cm).
3. Being a small tripod, the 190XPROB is quite portable at approximately 22.5” (57cm) closed and weighing only 4 pounds (1.8kg).
4. This Manfrotto tripod is built of black anodized, tubular aluminum. Its three-section legs are rounded and approximately .6 inches (16mm), .8 inches (20mm) and 1.0 inches (25mm) in diameter.
5. Despite its size, the 190XPROB will support camera bodies with long telephoto lenses that weigh as much as 11 lbs (5 kgs) when paired with a compatible tripod head.
6. The legs can be moved to four different angles (25°, 46°, 66° and 88°), which makes the tripod more versatile and a very steady platform for your camera.
7. The Manfrotto 190XPROB is built with a center column, which, when disengaged, with the simple push of a button, is free to swing 90 degrees to a horizontal position.
8. Once the center column is locked in a horizontal position, your camera will be approximately one foot (30.5cm) from the center point of the tripod. Do this carefully, as the size and weight of your camera could make the tripod unsteady.
9. Using the center column of the 190XPROB in this position allows you to shoot from above a tabletop much easier, as compared to a traditional tripod and ball head. You’ll develop less neck and back strain and be able to shoot longer.
10. There is even more Manfrotto magic in the center column, as it will swing an entire 180 degrees, so your camera can be positioned upside down. This makes the 190XPROB an almost perfect tripod for shooting low-to-ground nature photography, without having to lie prone.
11. The leg-locking system on the Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod has large flip locks. Not only can they be opened and closed quickly, but also they are adjustable with very little effort.
12. Manfrotto has added a bubble level that is conveniently placed in the cast aluminum main clamp.
13. This Manfrotto tripod can also contribute to better client relations and faster shoots, as it allows you and your client to review the images on the viewfinder together. Then, lighting and composition adjustments can be made to everyone’s satisfaction before capturing the exact shots.
14. At $189 (MSRP), the Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod is an excellent value for a hobbyist’s first tripod or an equally excellent investment for the serious amateur or professional that shoots plenty of tabletop or close-up photography.
Your feedback is important to thousands of PhotographyTalk.com fans and us. If this article is helpful, then please click the Like and Re-Tweet buttons at the top left of this article.