14 Answers to the Question: “Why Would I Want to Own the Most Functional Tripod in the World, the Vanguard 263-AGH Kit?”
1. The best photographers know that a tripod should be the first accessory any amateur buys. It will broaden his or her creative photography opportunities much more than a flash, additional lenses and certainly a bag.
Read real customer reviews of the Vanguard 263-AGH Kit here.
2. The Vanguard 263-AGH Kit, with Alta Pro 263-AT tripod legs and the GH-100 Grip Head, just may be the most versatile combination in the world of photography for its price.
3. Alta Pro tripods are known for their unequalled stability and flexibility, giving most photographers more angles and views than they may have thought possible.
4. The folded height of the Vanguard 263-AGH Kit, including the GH-100 Grip Head, is 28.5 inches (725mm). The extended height, including the center column, is 68.5 inches (1,740mm).
5. The combined weight of the Vanguard 263-AGH Kit is 5.83 lbs. (2.645kg), which doesn’t make it lightweight, even though it is considered a medium-size tripod. Stability, however, is a function of weight; so if you want your camera to be secure and rock-steady, then don’t complain about carrying this tripod.
6. Vanguard has designed the 263AGH with what the company calls the Multi-Angle Central Column (MACC) System. The central column is adjustable in many vertical and horizontal positions from zero to 180-degree angles. Photographers that shoot in macro or require special wide-angle views will clearly appreciate this feature.
7. It only takes seconds to position the central column at any of the available angles, and then securely lock it with the Instant Swivel Stop-n-Lock (ISSL) System. The Alta Pro tripod loses none of its solid stability with the use of this function.
8. The 263-AGH Kit features aluminum alloy legs that adjust to 25, 50 and 80-degree angles.
9. The other primary part of the 263-AGH Kit is the GH-100 pistol grip-style ball head. Its Grip Position Release System includes a handle that permits incredible control: 360-degrees of panning, -32 to +90 degrees of side-to-side tilt and -8 to +0-degree back-to-front tilt.
10. The head’s 360-degree panning capability is built with 72 stops that reposition a camera at five degrees per stop. This adds more stability, holding the camera at the desired angle.
11. The friction control system in the GH-100 grip head significantly reduces any friction, so operation of the head only requires one hand.
12. Match the angle of the pistol grip with the ball head with a simple adjustment of the gray collar. Pistol-grip tension is also variable.
13. The Vanguard 263-AGH Kit has been designed with non-slip, spiked rubber feet to maintain a solid grounding when used outdoors.
14. For approximately $200 or more, the Vanguard 263-AGH Kit, with Alta Pro 263-AT tripod legs and the GH-100 Grip Head, offers amateurs as well as pros a nifty bundle of features and capabilities to help them take sharper images and capture a greater range of creative visions.
Your feedback is important to thousands of PhotographyTalk.com fans and us. If this article is helpful, then please click the Like and Re-Tweet buttons at the top left of this article.