2. The specifications state that the Hybrid has 50,000+ hours of LED life.
3. The MicroPro Hybrid is an exceptional portrait light source.
4. Since the MicroPro Hybrid illuminates with LED lights, virtually no heat is generated, making it safe to use and very pleasing for subjects.
5. The MicroPro Hybrid is twice the size of the Litepanels Mini, with 96 LEDs and dimensions of 5.5" x 3.75" x 1.5". With batteries and mounting bracket, the Hybrid weighs 10.5 oz. (300g), which is one pound heavier than the Mini.
6. The mounting bracket has been redesigned with a detachable, milled-aluminum ball joint, which includes a 1/4", 20-threaded screw on one side and a shoe mount on the other.
7. The Hybrid's knob dimmer creates no flicker and operates smoothly and fast from 100% to 0% with very little color shift.
8. The MicroPro Hybrid interprets color very accurately, revealing little or no green and providing outstanding performance at 5,600°K.
9. Photographers familiar with the Mini model will be very appreciative of the improved filter system on the MicroPro Hybrid. The filters’ notches easily click into to the side brackets’ projections. The system includes three plastic filters: 3200°K Tungsten conversion (warm white), 1/4 warming and diffusion.
10. The MicroPro Hybrid’s six AA batteries provide 1.5 hours of continuous output. Switch to Energizer e2 Lithium batteries for 5 to 6 hours.
11. For the technically minded, the MicroPro Hybrid produces 100 foot candles and 1100 Lux at 2 feet (0.6m), 52 foot candles and 560 Lux at 4 feet (1.2m) and 28 foot candles and 300 Lux at 6 feet (1.8m).
The exposure guide/flash mode specs are ISO 200 and f/4.4 at 2 feet, f/4.2 at 4 feet and f/1.4 at 6 feet.
12. Although Litepanels may not have designed the padded nylon carrying case to accommodate the MicroPro Hybrid and a Mini, it does seem to have room for both as well as the mounting bracket, cable and filters.
13. The optional accessories include spare color/diffusion gels, an AC power adapter with an international plug set, a base plate for off-camera operations and a DV adapter plate for Panasonic, Canon and Sony batteries.
Your feedback is important to thousands of PhotographyTalk.com fans and us. If this article is helpful, then please click the Like and Re-Tweet buttons at the top left of this article.