Lensbaby Lenses are a devilishly clever group of SLR lenses (and one for mirrorless cameras) that are made with a flexible barrel or a ball-and-socket configuration. Originally considered a bit of a “toy” or “trick” device when first introduced during 2004, Lensbaby Lenses have become an important professional tool for many photographers: portrait, wedding, macro, etc.
Read real customer reviews of the SCOUT LBSFEO here.
1. Of the 5 lenses for SLR cameras, the Composer is often the first choice of the many photographers who benefit from having one or more Lensbabys in their camera bag. The rigid end of the Composer installs easily with available mounts for many camera models. The middle section of the Composer consists of a ball and socket that allows the light-gathering end of the lens to swivel and tilt.
2. The Composer Pro is an upgraded version of the Composer, primarily because the design and construction of the metal ball has been improved, so focus and tilt are effortless. This Lensbaby Lens weighs only 4 oz. (113.4g) and tilts from zero to 17.5 degrees.
3. The Control Freak is designed for tabletop and macro photography, since you can bend it in any direction, lock the angle and then minutely adjust the tilt, with its three metal posts.
4. Another SLR Lensbaby Lens is the Muse. Its unique feature is a bellows, or accordion, type middle section, giving you virtually infinite ways to be creative. Instead of turning a focus ring, the Muse is squeezed, which causes the sweet focus spot to curve around the image.
5. The Scout is the only Lensbaby Lens that is rigid and an alternative to standard (and often costly) fish eye lens. Its 12mm focal length, 160-degree angle of view and close focus of a half-inch deliver much more than the fish-eye effect. The Scout also allows you to use lens flare artistically. Bright light sources in the image create colors that surround the center of the frame and your subject.
All the SLR Lensbaby Lenses are compatible with all the selections in the company’s Optic Swap System. These five lenses also mount to Canon EF (EOS), Nikon F, Sony Alpha A/Minolta Maxxum, Pentax K/Samsung GX/Sigma SD, and Olympus 4/3 cameras.
6. The sixth Lensbaby Lens is the Composer with Tilt Transformer. It is specifically made for mirrorless equipment, such as the Panasonic Lumix™ G Micro System and Olympus PEN® and Sony® Alpha NEX digital cameras. This lens works exactly like the Composer and Composer Pro, but also has a unique tilt-photography feature. The focus front is removable, so you can attach any Nikon mount lens to the Lensbaby, and then swivel it for more creative focusing options.
The Composer, Composer Pro, Control Freak, Muse and the Composer with Tilt Transformer for mirrorless cameras come equipped with the Double Glass Optic. (The Scout includes the Fisheye Optic.)
Lensbaby Lenses are priced differently, according to the camera mount required. For example, the Composer for the Canon EF mount is $249.95 at Adorama, while the Composer for the Nikon F mount is $199.95 at Adorama.
Portrait photographers may like the Lensbaby Ultimate Portrait Kit (Canon EF mount). It includes Composer Pro and Scout lenses, wide-angle/telephoto kit, Creative Aperture Kit 2 and other accessories. Adorama offers it for $589.95
Feel free to share your thoughts on our Canon photography forum and Nikon photography forum
Photograph provided by www.adorama.com