Learn & Explore Series: PortraitEFX
Did You Know?
High Volume Photography delivers BIG money in a market where there’s less competition.
Questions covered in the above interview:
- Okay, every great story has a beginning. Tell me about your beginning with PortraitEFX. What was the inspiration for setting up a franchise system?
- Sometimes companies wind up changing their mission – or at least their Avatar (their perfect customer). Have you found PortraitEFX changing who it is targeted for over the years? Who is your “Perfect Customer” now?
- Your Tagline is “Expect the Exceptional”. How does PortraitEFX affect the customer experience to ensure that they can Expect the Exceptional?
- Chris, you've done this a long time. You wouldn't do this if you didn't enjoy it. What do you enjoy most about what you do?
- In your mind, what is the biggest advantage someone achieves when they join a franchise?
- What do you think any disadvantages might be? (i.e. give up control, follow the rules, etc.)
- What mistakes do you see photographers make when they “go it alone?”
- PortraitEFX seems to be in over 30 states. Are there any particular states or markets where you’d really like to grow?
- I know if varies from person to person, but if I wanted to join PortraitEFX and get started shooting as soon as possible, what is an approximate cost I can expect to incur?
- How important (or not) is it that I have been a photographer for a long time and have already got some business if I were to join your franchise?
- How quickly can someone expect to “ramp up” and get enough business in the door to pay the bills?
- What kind of support, training, and ongoing education can a new franchisee expect with PortraitEFX?
- What do you think the 3 most important skills or attributes someone should have to be successful within your organization?
- So, is there anyone that PortraitEFX is NOT a good fit for? (over-the-top artsy, control-freaks, non-self-motivateds, etc.)
- To wrap it all up, how can a new franchisee “Expect the Exceptional” with PortraitEFX? (online support, expanded access to you and me, Community – private Facebook group for Zees, Blog, DOM, webinars, etc.)