French Canadian living in Europe since 1989 • This is not my language… just trying to use it! ;) Central Europe
Started 40+ years ago and still counting…
Instructor and mentor.
This is not my language… just trying to use it! ;)
"Photography is a wonderful discovery:
a science which occupies the highest intelligences,
an art that sharpens the most shrewd minds,
and whose application is within the reach of the last of the fools!"
— Félix Tournachon, aka Nadar (1857).
01. "Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." — Henri Cartier-Bresson
02. "There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer." — Ansel Adams
03. "If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough!" — Robert Capa
04. "The most important component of a camera is 20 cm behind it!" — Ansel Adams
05. "A picture is a secret about a secret, the more it tells you the less you know." — Diane Arbus
06. "If I see something in the viewfinder that looks familiar to me, I do something to shake it up!" — Gary Winogrand
07. "The best camera is the one you have with you!" — Chase Jarvis
08. "For me, the camera is a sketch book, an instrument of intuition and spontaneity." — Henri Cartier-Bresson
09. "Everyone may take one great picture, I've done better because I've taken two!" — David Bailey
10. "You cannot depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." — Mark Twain
11. "A good photograph is knowing where to stand." — Ansel Adams
12. "Taking pictures is savouring life intensely, every hundredth of a second." — Marc Riboud
13. "A true photograph need not be explained nor can it be contained in words!" — Ansel Adams
14. "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." — Ansel Adams
15. "I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers." — Mahatma Gandhi
16. "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs.
When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." — Ansel Adams
17. "Not everybody trusts paintings but people believe photographs." — Ansel Adams (Is this still true?)
18. "Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships" — ?
19. "There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept." — Ansel Adams
20. "You don't take a photograph, you make it." — Ansel Adams
21. "The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." — Dorothea Lange
22. "A photograph is usually looked at, seldom looked into." — Robert Capa
23. "It's not always easy to stand aside and be unable to do anything except record the sufferings around one." — ?
24. "I hope to stay unemployed as a war photographer till the end of my life." — Robert Capa
25. "The pictures are there, and you just take them." — Diane Arbus
26. "My favourite thing is to go where I've never been." — ?
27. "Above all, life for a photographer cannot be a matter of indifference." — Robert Frank
28. "I am a professional photographer by trade and an amateur photographer by vocation." — Elliot Erwitt
29. "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." — ?
30. "In photography, light is free. Capturing it is not" — Daniel Ouimet
31. "Be who you are… because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.
32. ”Remember compliments you received and forget the insults.
If you succeed in doing this, tell me how." — Baz Luhrmann
33, ”Life is like photography… one uses the negatives to develop."
This user's privacy setting doesn't allow you to view that page.