Learn & Explore Series: School for Travelers
School for Travelers
Did You Know?
THEY DON’T GO FOR OUTSTANDING VALUE
Affiliate marketing is a very crowded business area. Hence, you need to find ways to stand out from the crowd. These ways are paved on the quality approach: The content you create to address your audience has to be either great of help or very entertaining (or both) to capture your audience.
If you can’t capture your visitors, they are off and gone forever. If you just try to copy your competitors content with some few changes to avoid duplicate content, you won’t attract anyone to listen to you. You have to add or invent your very unique own value and tone to whatever topic you create content about.
Don’t just echo what the supplier says about his products you promote. Try to act from a users point of view and answer questions that haven’t been answered before, try to give some extra tips to use the product best or to combine it with other products, for example.
Did You Know?
THEY DON’T REALLY KNOW THE PRODUCTS THEY PROMOTE
This is a big one, too. Many affiliates don’t take the effort to dive into the products they want to earn commissions from. They think it’s enough to provide superficial product information.
But your visitors don’t come to your blog to read things they have read somewhere else before. They seek for reliable extra information, which in best case come from a user knowing the product inside out.
It is impossible to provide these unique and very useful information about a product, if you haven’t used or tested it yourself. Of course, there are products you can’t test in-depth by your own, like supplements for specific health problems you don’t have, for example. But in these cases you have to do extensive user experience research to get the big picture of what kind of help the product can provide for people.
In best case, you promote products you have achieved great results with using them for yourself. If you show your achievements of using the product, you can give great and very credible advocacy for it in front of your audience. That way, you will achieve much more success than those who promote products they are not connected with (but expect to make money with because they are meant to be bestseller).
Did You Know?
THEY UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF RELATIONSHIPS
Affiliate Marketing is popular for not having to do customer support for the products you promote. But that’s only half the story: You may not have to solve technical problems customers have with your affiliate products. But for being one of the very few succeeding in affiliate marketing, you have to get and stay in touch with your audience!
If you don’t want to get in touch with your audience, you have to attract hit and run buyers over and over again, which is lots of hassle.
With a good relationship to your visitors, they don’t come to follow your link for buying something to be off and gone forever. If they rely on your two cents about products they are interested in, they will come back to learn more from you before their next purchase. This is the principle of turning one-time buyers into satisfied repeat customers.
In affiliate marketing, strong relationships are mainly built on great helpful content and your interactions with your audience. Try to offer help whenever you can and deliver it when people ask for it.
Along the process of creating your affiliate business you should start building your own email list your visitors subscribe to. That way, you can implement a funnel to send them emails containing awesome helpful information suited to their needs. These funnels can create very strong, long lasting relationships between you and your subscribers.
The ability of your business to scale depends very much on your efforts to build relationships. And good relationships are made of trust.
Questions covered in the above interview:
- Let’s start off with the very basics, what is School For Travelers?
- Let’s jump in the wayback machine. Let’s go back to the very day you started these school. What was the original inspiration for doing so?
- When a company releases a product or service, they generally have a particular group of people in mind. Can you share who those people are?
- What has been your proudest accomplishment to date for School For Travelers?
- How do you feel school compares to others in the marketplace?
- Your websites opening line states “Dare to Become Great!” can you give some insight on what this means to you?
- Let’s break down what this course is all about, what is ‘Affiliate Marketing’?
- What sort of skills can one expect to learn going through this course?
- What sort of prior education or background is needed to be successful at affiliate marketing?
- Does this have any sort of geographical limitations in terms of who can sign up?
- When someone signs up for this course, what do you they receive?
- Is there any guarantee offered?
- Is affiliate marketing something that can be done while a photographer is running their portrait or wedding photography business?
- To sign up, what is the cost and how is it done?
- What is the one word that you would use to describe this course?