how do you remove a chain fence from a picture ????????

12 years 11 months ago #51677 by Duorts

luckywish1 wrote: i tried that and it didnt work.

Tried what?

12 years 11 months ago #51682 by luckywish1
the spokane zoo doesnt let us get to close to the fence they make us stand like 10 feet away from the fence where the animal are at because they never know what they bears or tiger or lions would do.

12 years 11 months ago #51691 by Duorts

luckywish1 wrote: the spokane zoo doesnt let us get to close to the fence they make us stand like 10 feet away from the fence where the animal are at because they never know what they bears or tiger or lions would do.

That's very interesting, so I assume there is zoo staff/security guards at every animal's enclosed area? to make sure visitors do not get within 10ft from the fence?

12 years 11 months ago #51743 by luckywish1
yes there is. and the other day we saw the bear and the lion and the tiger all act kind of weriod too because some children were runing around and i guess they dont like it. and they were making sounds and stuff kind of scarey to be there too.i keep on wondering if they get loose at all scarey thought

12 years 11 months ago #53360 by JV 06
well I would never go to a zoo where there are staff/guards at every area. It's one thing to walk around the park, but to be standing guard to make sure people stay away within amount of feet, doesn't work with me.

12 years 11 months ago #53507 by icepics
I've had a similar situation with netting at hockey rinks now that it's at each end of the ice. I got some interesting photos using it as part of the picture; I took pictures from up higher (almost overhead) and got some cool shots of the goalie with the crease & painted lines on the ice. (For non-hockey fans the crease is the blue painted area!)

I think if the subject is farther from the fence it would be easier to get the animal in focus and the fence more out-of-focus so it's less noticeable - sort of a softer look to the fence. So if you can get the tigers and lions to move... But seriously it might take more than one trip to the zoo and the right circumstances to get a nice shot. Sometimes when I can't move the subject, I move around more and keep changing my vantage point til I've 'moved' something out of my way. Cropping to get some of the fence posts etc. out of the picture may help some, just so you won't notice the fence so much.

Usually if I want background or foreground more out of focus I open the lens up more, but I guess that would be trickier in bright light where you'd be more likely to use a smaller aperture - the ol' Sunny 16 (I've done more low-light than outdoors).

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #53928 by luckywish1
last night i stayed up for 3 hours to try to remove it and it didnt let me so i will try something else

12 years 11 months ago #53931 by Todays Photos

luckywish1 wrote: last night i stayed up for 3 hours to try to remove it and it didnt let me so i will try something else

It didn't let you? You know what that means, when software doesn't let you....it's a user problem.

12 years 11 months ago #54133 by icepics
If you remove the fence I guess depends too if you want a realistic photo or what's considered to be a photo illustration. I've never tried to photoshop something totally out of a photo, but I've found whether it's in the darkroom or on the computer sometimes you get to a point where there's only so much you can do w/an image.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #54437 by b0caj

icepics wrote: If you remove the fence I guess depends too if you want a realistic photo or what's considered to be a photo illustration. I've never tried to photoshop something totally out of a photo, but I've found whether it's in the darkroom or on the computer sometimes you get to a point where there's only so much you can do w/an image.

:agree: One can only do so much with an image before it's completely ruin.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024