Nikon Primer

13 years 2 months ago #25995 by Ziggy
Now that is what I call a useful thread. Got this one saved :beerbang:

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #26810 by KZAM
:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing this, great job on the info!

I don't need no stink'in Signature! ha ha ha
Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #32524 by Happy-pixel
Nice write up :beerbang:

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #33076 by effron
Yes sir, I'll have one of each......:cheer:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #37898 by Happy-pixel
Good tread! I had to book mark this one :cheers:

Photo Comments
13 years 2 weeks ago #41857 by Stealthy Ninja
Added information for the new D5100
12 years 11 months ago #49408 by Stealthy Ninja
Added information for the new 50 1.8G
12 years 7 months ago #140335 by adolphjohn
Thank you very much. I would like to add the minimum focus distance, especially for macro. Not a big deal, though.

12 years 7 months ago #140746 by Stealthy Ninja
Not enough space. ;) thanks for the comment though.
12 years 6 months ago #150404 by Screamin Scott
This site lists all Nikon's lenses (including older versions) & includes info on what hoods they use, filter thread sizes et al...

photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/lenses.html

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #154104 by D7000
Awesome thread and alround info. Nice work Stealthy Ninja
12 years 1 month ago #204688 by rajeev_achari
nice one thanks for the information chart ...

9 years 9 months ago #385822 by Don Fischer
That is a good idea! But I'd like to see the print's right out of the camera, no PP. Reason is I'd like to see what can be done with the lens. Most people can take a bad shot and fix it in photoshop. That does not show what the lens can do.

9 years 9 months ago #385824 by Don Fischer

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Alex, might I suggest we make a forum somewhere just for lens samples.

Each thread would be dedicated to a certain lens (70-200 2.8 VRII for example) and people could post their samples in it.

Scotty and I could then link to each thread in these primers (make a big list), OR we could just make another sticky thread for that at the top of the new forum.

The reason why I suggest a new sub forum is to avoid clogging the "XXX Cameras, Lenses and Accessories" forums with lens related threads.

Thoughts?

Messed up the last one pretty good, post that is!

This is a great idea but I'd like to see photo's right out of the camera. I already know that people can take a junk lens and make a really good photo with photoshop.

9 years 9 months ago #386168 by ubookoo
Great info and time saver! thank you for posting!!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024