How is everybody coming back to photography after this long winter?

10 years 2 weeks ago #367001 by KCook
I finally caved in and got Lightroom.  Which feels like "new gear", the learning curve is so steep.  But it has already made more difference to my results than any other gear I've bought.

babysteps

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

10 years 2 weeks ago #367117 by Jim Photo
I had a 2 month break last fall from photography and it's tough getting back on the bike.  But when I did, it was easy to get back into the swing of things.  It was nice to get back behind the camera, I even had missed post processing.  

Photo Comments
10 years 2 weeks ago #367129 by EOS_Fan
I don't take breaks, I'm a machine :rofl:

Photo Comments
10 years 2 weeks ago #367237 by Scotty

KCook wrote: I finally caved in and got Lightroom.  Which feels like "new gear", the learning curve is so steep.  But it has already made more difference to my results than any other gear I've bought.

babysteps

Lightroom has  steep learning curve? Wow, wait until you try out photoshop.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
10 years 2 weeks ago #367239 by Scotty

EOS_Fan wrote: I don't take breaks, I'm a machine :rofl:

Post some shots in here then!

Photo Comments
10 years 2 weeks ago #367241 by Scotty

EOS_Fan wrote: I don't take breaks, I'm a machine :rofl:

Post some shots in here then!

Photo Comments
10 years 2 weeks ago #367243 by photobod
Hi Scotty, finally got the D800 with a 105mm Nikkor micro lens, looking forward to the learning curve.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #367251 by orion
Hi Scotty. I bought the nikon D7100, Wacom pro tablet and went to New York for a 2 week vacation and met the wonderful boriqua Latina :) What's been up Scotty?

10 years 2 weeks ago #367317 by Scotty

photobod wrote: Hi Scotty, finally got the D800 with a 105mm Nikkor micro lens, looking forward to the learning curve.

No learning curve.  You will have to fight the urge to be lazy with composition because you can crop so ridicously.

Photo Comments
10 years 2 weeks ago #367323 by Scotty

orion wrote: Hi Scotty. I bought the nikon D7100, Wacom pro tablet and went to New York for a 2 week vacation and met the wonderful boriqua Latina :) What's been up Scotty?

New York i'm really jealous.  Get any good shots? If so post them.  I did some travelling of my own to Vancouver. Beautiful city, beautiful woman.   How are how you liking the 7100?

Photo Comments
10 years 2 weeks ago #367325 by Leilanee

Scotty wrote:

orion wrote: Hi Scotty. I bought the nikon D7100, Wacom pro tablet and went to New York for a 2 week vacation and met the wonderful boriqua Latina :) What's been up Scotty?

New York i'm really jealous.  Get any good shots? If so post them.  I did some travelling of my own to Vancouver. Beautiful city, beautiful woman.   How are how you liking the 7100?

D'awwwww

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #367335 by Stealthy Ninja

Leilanee wrote:

Scotty wrote:

D'awwwww

I heard they be all ugly.
10 years 2 weeks ago #367499 by orion

Scotty wrote:

I must say that I had the choice….Nikon D800 or stay with DX and have a vacation. After the year i had (divorce at the end of 2012 and death of my father in 2013) i needed the break. The D7100 is nicely weighted. Shot upto ISO 3200 at some points as in some areas of New York I couldn't use a tripod (security after 9/11). Im very pleased with the D7100, will post some photos when I get the chance. Mostly using it with the Sigma 10-20mm. Nikon D90 is now a backup camera, can't put the D7100 down lol

10 years 2 weeks ago #367507 by Screamin Scott
I've slowed down here in the Winter months, but by no means stopped. Glad you are better....  was wondering where you had been... I'm about ready to shift gears from shooting birds, back to my macro niche.... I did go to the historical Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta a few days back though...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
10 years 2 weeks ago #367551 by photobod
I promise to keep my eye on the composition Scotty, nice to see you back and it's nice to be back myself

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024