How many are holding off on Adobe Cloud as long as they can?

9 years 10 months ago #381445 by KZAM
I think next month I'll be giving in and upgrading to their cloud suite.  I have held off, but going to give in.  

I wouldn't suppose there are any coupon codes floating around is there?

I don't need no stink'in Signature! ha ha ha
Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #381467 by william_cpa
Didn't wait a second. No self control :evil:
9 years 10 months ago #381469 by garyrhook
Well, I only care about PS and LR. When CC offers me something I don't have then I'll consider making the move.

Until then, and for the foreseeable future, LR 5 and PS CS5 seem to be working just fine for me.

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #381722 by Shadowfixer1
I have it and I'm glad I did. There are a number of features that are very nice in CC that you don't get in normal Photoshop. You also are assured that you have the latest and greatest software they have. One feature I use a lot is being able to use ACR as a filter. Very nice! The decision on whether you need the extras is a personal one. So to each his own.
9 years 10 months ago #382437 by Joves
I am on CS2 and it works for meso no I will not be going to the cloud. If anything I will start trying other programs that are not Adobe, because I think eventually Adobe will decide no matter which version you have, you will need to use the CC. And that is a part of the EULA on all software, that you do not own it, you are only paying to use it at their discretion.

The following user(s) said Thank You: IzzieK
9 years 10 months ago #382462 by Scotty
I've had it since day one, and I love it.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #382465 by Stealthy Ninja
I got it, it's nice except adobe premiere CC isn't backwards compatible so I am forced to use CS6.
9 years 10 months ago #382582 by Ottis
Personally I like the Cloud, at first wasn't to thrilled with the idea of monthly payments, but it's working out good for me.  

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #382702 by KZAM
Thanks everyone, just what I needed to hear!  

I don't need no stink'in Signature! ha ha ha
Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #383332 by william_cpa
Just got updated to CC 2014 for free! :thumbsup:
9 years 10 months ago #383397 by garyrhook
Haven't seen this mentioned on here yet. Adobe announced permanent pricing on the photography package (PS + LR). Looks like it will never change.

My guess is that at some point new subscribers will pay a higher monthly fee. 

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #383410 by Augphoto
Don't like the idea of a monthly fee.

9 years 10 months ago #383423 by william_cpa
Later on, even though your current version of Lightroom and/or photoshop works very well for you, you may decide to get a new camera if only because it got lost/stolen/broken. The older versions of LR and PS will not support the new RAW files and Adobe will not help you with that. Sooner or later they are gonna getcha.

I think the LR + PS $10 / month deal is a pretty sweet deal if you consider that they cost around $1,000 for standalone copies. I got this deal for my Mac, even though I have CC on my PC, before I realized that they will let me install two copies of CC on different platforms so I cancelled and installed CC.

Going for the whole CC is overkill unless you already use several apps from it. I use Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere and Audition almost every day but that hardly scratches the surface of what is available in CC.
9 years 10 months ago #384794 by Stacy Craig
I'm in the cloud :P

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #384796 by ubookoo
What I do love about Adobe Cloud is that everything is updated immediately and is always the newest version. I am starting to become a big cloud fan!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024