Radio Popper vs Pocket Wizard?

9 years 4 months ago #425063 by Sean Lamber
Which is considered a better flash trigger?  Or shall I say most reliable?  

Google is no help today

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #425907 by Adrian Footman
I don't know much about the Radio Popper, but have the Pocket Wizard plus 2 and these work great.  

Photo Comments
9 years 4 months ago #425915 by Francis
I tried the RP's and think they work good, but I like PW better because of the display's they have.   

Photo Comments
9 years 3 months ago #430360 by Gabriel Photos
Pocket Wizard all the way

Photo Comments
9 years 1 month ago #437371 by Lisa Brookhurst
I just picked up Pocket Wizard TT5 and TT1

9 years 1 month ago #437547 by Alexander M
I have the Pocket Wizard II's and III's.  Honestly I don't know about the Radio Poppers.  I've heard of them, but personally I went with the PW's.  Love 'em.  

8 years 11 months ago #447164 by Alex
I've used both, and frankly there is no comparison.  Pocket Wizard is by far IMO a much superior product.   The PocketWizard Plus III's are my favorite even over their Flex TT5 and TT1.  A close #2.  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
8 years 10 months ago #448875 by Marin Chi
Thank you, just the information I was looking for.  I'm after a triggering system.

Photo Comments
8 years 10 months ago #448887 by JeremyS
I was going to buy pocket wizard, but then I found these

www.henrys.com/80782-APUTURE-TRIGMASTER-...-II-TXII-2-PACK.aspx

It makes your flash manual AFAIK however they work really well, and for the price of one pocket wizard, I was getting 2 of these. The other bonus for me was I don't need a PC Sync cable anymore :D

6 years 5 months ago #556763 by C1Pro
I've had an interference issue with Pocketwizards in the past. So I switched to Radiopoppers and has great success up until now. I purchased 4 Radiopoppers in October and non of them will trigger Norman 2000P or 4000. Radiopopper changed the acceptable sync voltage recently. Promark will not take the units back nor will they fix these units. In fact, they wouldn't even respond to my e-mail.
One contact to Pocketwizard, and I had answers. Pocketwizards will respond up to a 300 volt sync circuit. So I now take their radios on location again. I own 6 Pocketwizards an plan to get a couple more.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Latest Articles

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

Wedding photography trends come and go, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t exciting at the moment! This year’s top trends include old and new technologies and techniques to create lasting memories.

Jun 09, 2024

The Sony ZV-1 Mark II is a nice update to the ZV-1 and expands Sony’s lineup of cameras for vlogging and content creation. Is it the right camera for you, though? Let’s find out!

Jun 09, 2024

Having a solid client management system allows you to build a more sustainable business with a larger number of repeat clients. But how do you do that? Let’s find out!

Jun 05, 2024

Canyon photography is an interesting niche of landscape photography that has some distinct challenges like harsh light and shadows. But with the right preparation, you can capture epic shots!

Jun 04, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The process is actually quite straightforward if you want to print from iPhone. But, if you need a little guidance, this guide is what you need! Dive in and learn how to print smartphone photos!

Jun 04, 2024

The Fuji X-T5 is a mid-range camera ideal for beginners who need a high-powered camera body to professionals looking for a solid second camera - and many uses in between!

Jun 03, 2024