Anyone tired of the D800 yet?

9 years 9 months ago #385574 by NickSano
I'm just doing some hard drive clean up and realizing my D800 36MP shots are filling things up!  I have had to bump up my computers resources and this is my second hard drive.  I'm wondering if people get tired of the huge photos filling things up and opt to something like the D610? 

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #385589 by Scotty
Storage is cheap so no.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #385625 by garyrhook

NickSano wrote: I'm just doing some hard drive clean up and realizing my D800 36MP shots are filling things up!  I have had to bump up my computers resources and this is my second hard drive.  I'm wondering if people get tired of the huge photos filling things up and opt to something like the D610? 

Doesn't the D800 have a mode for smaller RAW files?

I have over 4 TB on my desktop, and 4 TB on 2 NAS devices now. Fry's just advertised a WD 2TB drive for $79 this week. Buy more storage and keep your system cleaned off.

Of course, being who I am, I can't help but wonder why you bought it in the first place if the image are too large? Me, I can hardly wait until I can afford a D810.

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #385687 by Stealthy Ninja
I got tired of it. ;)
9 years 9 months ago #385728 by garyrhook

Stealthy Ninja wrote: I got tired of it. ;)

Oh, hush. Fibber.

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #385736 by Stealthy Ninja

garyrhook wrote:

Oh, hush. Fibber.

So tired I sold the D800 and D800e I had before and got a real camera. :thx:
9 years 9 months ago #385747 by Vespista
If anyone's tired of their D800, they can give them to me.

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #385750 by Stealthy Ninja

Vespista wrote: If anyone's tired of their D800, they can give them to me.

36MP pictures of sheep coming soon?
9 years 9 months ago #385753 by IzzieK
I need a D800e but it ain't going down till December so I will wait till December 15. I think I can talk my way into owning one by that time so I am being very, very good until then.

9 years 9 months ago #385755 by Stealthy Ninja
Want a D800? Why not buy the Sony A7r. It's better.
9 years 9 months ago #385775 by effron
Anyone tired of a D800/D800E never learned to use it. Its obviously too much camera for a lot of users. 

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #385787 by garyrhook

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

garyrhook wrote:

Oh, hush. Fibber.

Yes, yes, but by your own admission a lot had to do with your current focus on video and cross-manufacturer color matching issues. (Which I totally agree with, BTW.) Or am I misremembering?

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #385968 by Joves
Would not bother me either about the large file sizes. Large drives are dirt cheap now. 

9 years 9 months ago #385974 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Want a D800? Why not buy the Sony A7r. It's better.

Somebody has been eating mushrooms they've found on the ground again. :kmonst:

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #386005 by Stealthy Ninja

garyrhook wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

garyrhook wrote:

Oh, hush. Fibber.

Yes, yes, but by your own admission a lot had to do with your current focus on video and cross-manufacturer color matching issues. (Which I totally agree with, BTW.) Or am I misremembering?

I agree Nikon do suck with video.

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Want a D800? Why not buy the Sony A7r. It's better.

Somebody has been eating mushrooms they've found on the ground again. :kmonst:

Without being bias tell me how the D800 is better than the A7r which is lighter, has the same sensor as the D800e and can shoot at a faster framerate.  Also the A7r has a superior electronic viewfinder (I mean it's better than an OVF) because it shows the exact exposure and can display a real time histogram.  PLUS it can shoot AF Zeiss. Game, set and checkmate!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024