Dealing with rude clients

9 years 10 months ago #379293 by Fishtaco

Joves wrote: I am guessing this is for a wedding. 

You will have to deal with rude people throughout all of life. You should try working in the heavy construction industry on the concrete end sometime. The stress in this end of the business makes normally nice people into monsters. It is business so I do not take it personally. Sounds like you handled it correctly. I would do that anytime they start getting rude, and note that they wanted you to do the work, not the other way around. 

:agree:     I was going to say the same thing!  ha ha ha 

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #379341 by Stealthy Ninja

garyrhook wrote: Define "rude"?

SN's post above is about someone that becomes demanding, and the response is all about "this is the service I (we) provide; I don't do what you are asking. It would be better for you to find someone else that can meet your needs because I am unable to do so. Thankyouforyourinterestandgood day."

It is imperative to know how to fire a customer, and do so properly. Here's another one that apparently could learn that lesson:

www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/06/03/baker...vity-training-after/

Yeh exactly.  No point working with someone who's demanding more than what you do.

Also, if you don't want to make gay cakes, say you're all out of pink icing. :toocrazy:
9 years 10 months ago #379653 by Kenya See
I don't get to many rude people, but I'm a tough girl.  So I have a high tolerance.  

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #379672 by Stealthy Ninja

Kenya See wrote: I don't get to many rude people, but I'm a tough girl.  So I have a high tolerance.  

\

Maybe they're scared of you. :P
9 years 10 months ago #379698 by Miss Polly

Joves wrote: I am guessing this is for a wedding. 

You will have to deal with rude people throughout all of life. You should try working in the heavy construction industry on the concrete end sometime. The stress in this end of the business makes normally nice people into monsters. It is business so I do not take it personally. Sounds like you handled it correctly. I would do that anytime they start getting rude, and note that they wanted you to do the work, not the other way around. 

Actually she was!

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #379736 by Alan Nunez

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Kenya See wrote: I don't get to many rude people, but I'm a tough girl.  So I have a high tolerance.  

\

From Kanya's photo there she does not look scary

9 years 10 months ago #379737 by Alan Nunez
I think there is a fine line between a rude client and an upset client. I will not tolerate rude clients, they can be someone else's problem. I do sometimes find client that are upset and are doing a poor job of expressing the issue. This type I find it very easy to get them back on side and happy by just agreeing there is an issue and offer to do everything reasonably possible to fix it. 

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #379745 by Stealthy Ninja

Alan Nunez wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

\

From Kanya's photo there she does not look scary

I was having a go.
9 years 10 months ago #379765 by Jim Photo
Alan brings up a good point, big line between rude (personality flaw) and upset up (circumstance flaw) person.

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #379882 by KZAM

Alan Nunez wrote: I think there is a fine line between a rude client and an upset client. I will not tolerate rude clients, they can be someone else's problem. I do sometimes find client that are upset and are doing a poor job of expressing the issue. This type I find it very easy to get them back on side and happy by just agreeing there is an issue and offer to do everything reasonably possible to fix it. 

Well said :thumbsup:

I don't need no stink'in Signature! ha ha ha
Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #379895 by garyrhook

Alan Nunez wrote: I think there is a fine line between a rude client and an upset client. I will not tolerate rude clients, they can be someone else's problem. I do sometimes find client that are upset and are doing a poor job of expressing the issue. This type I find it very easy to get them back on side and happy by just agreeing there is an issue and offer to do everything reasonably possible to fix it. 

That's why I made the request to define "rude". One needs to know what that means to someone else in order to provide any meaningful commentary.

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #380045 by Danny Carson
Rude or ticked off people is just part of business.  Regardless of which, your ability to deal with it, or pass will determine your earnings.  Let's face it, any occupation is going to have good days and crappy days.  The pleasant people and inherently rude or always pi$$ed off people.  Grow really thick skin.  ;)

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #380071 by Allen D
Well that's one way of putting it!

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #380774 by Stealthy Ninja

Danny Carson wrote: Rude or ticked off people is just part of business.  Regardless of which, your ability to deal with it, or pass will determine your earnings.  Let's face it, any occupation is going to have good days and crappy days.  The pleasant people and inherently rude or always pi$$ed off people.  Grow really thick skin.  ;)

True, luckily for me I can choose my clients because I just won't work with people who I don't want to work with.  Luckily everyone likes me.

:rolleyes
9 years 10 months ago #380798 by Colourful Photography
Rude people are so stupid.

I'm colour blind, but it doesn't keep me from exploring the wonderfully colourful world around us. :)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024