U.S. Photo journalist beheaded

9 years 8 months ago #396636 by Rob Conley
Isn't there a law that deals with news reporter, kind of like medical people where it states they are left alone?  http://news.yahoo.com/islamic-state-says-beheads-u-journalist-214008202.html

I might be wrong, but I thought photo journalist are left alone. 

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #396639 by garyrhook
These cretins are attacking civilians as well. Why the hell would they leave a journalist alone? Especially one that probably isn't too sympathetic.

As for laws, I'm pretty sure that, for them, the only law that counts is their own religious law.

*sigh*

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #396642 by Kayce
Very dangerous job to have.  As Gary pointed out, no one is safe there.  

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #396648 by Scotty
War is brutal.  My prayers go out to his family.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #396649 by Colorado Mike
That is one job I would not want.  RIP

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #396712 by Sandy Smith Photos
I was reading about this this morning.  That is one super dangerous job.  RIP

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #396720 by effron
They do this for the shock value and notoriety, and the stupid American media plays right into their hands. Just like those ignorant riots in Mo., its simply entertainment value for many of the thugs. I would hope someday soon we get to the serious task at hand and disinfect the planet of these types of cowards.......(end of rant)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #396729 by PT Talker
Gary nailed it with his response. Islamic extremists have no regard for any laws other than those of their religion. It takes a special kind of dedication to put yourself in the middle of these conflicts, knowing that you could end up in the hands of these people.

RIP, Mr. Foley.

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #396730 by xsaintd
Disturbing :-(

9 years 8 months ago #396800 by EOS_Fan
That is messed up

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #396845 by Stealthy Ninja

PT Talker wrote: Gary nailed it with his response. Islamic extremists have no regard for any laws other than those of their religion. It takes a special kind of dedication to put yourself in the middle of these conflicts, knowing that you could end up in the hands of these people.

RIP, Mr. Foley.

They want Islam to take over the world... that would mean Sharia Law... which is pretty messed up if you're not one of them, I'll just say that.
9 years 8 months ago #396926 by H Rocky
So much nonsense in the world, granted violence is nothing new, but we are supposed to be the smartest species, yet we resort to war, killing and other means that are non-productive to life.  Look over the history books, when will we learn?   Risky game that will one day catch up to this species as a whole. 

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #396958 by Kayce

H Rocky wrote: So much nonsense in the world, granted violence is nothing new, but we are supposed to be the smartest species, yet we resort to war, killing and other means that are non-productive to life.  Look over the history books, when will we learn?   Risky game that will one day catch up to this species as a whole. 

:agree:

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #396990 by Joves

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

PT Talker wrote: Gary nailed it with his response. Islamic extremists have no regard for any laws other than those of their religion. It takes a special kind of dedication to put yourself in the middle of these conflicts, knowing that you could end up in the hands of these people.

RIP, Mr. Foley.

They want Islam to take over the world... that would mean Sharia Law... which is pretty messed up if you're not one of them, I'll just say that.

:agree:
Which in Sharia Law that is allowed when dealing with infidels.
I do feel sorry for his family, but I must say that he knew the risks of being in that part of the world. If I was going into a war zone I would know that I could be killed. I just choose to not take that chance, much like going south of the US border in more than a few places.

9 years 8 months ago #397041 by Jackman
+1 good post

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024