10 Items a Photographer Should Never Leave Home Without!

10 years 6 months ago #302599 by Coffee Bear
Nothing wrong with having a sit down :)

10 years 5 months ago #307503 by GeordieP
I don't know whether it's my eyes or I'm getting old, but I'm finding it difficult to see the LCD screen these days, particularly in the bright sunlight. Recently, I invested in a Hoodman loupe and what a difference!

I never leave home without it now.

8 years 11 months ago #438820 by mialopez002
Thanks For sharing !!

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #441955 by GreenMary
Great tips! Thanks!  I've also found such a thing: 
 at  KeepSnap blog , it's Vanguard VEO 42 Photographer Backpack. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe will do it this summer.

8 years 8 months ago #449874 by abarko
Thanks for the info!

5 years 9 months ago #591593 by Higbee
thanks for sharing, much appreciated this effort,Loved it:thumbsup:

5 years 7 months ago #604998 by selena18
Wow! I got it. You have answered one of my question that I was looking for couple of days. Excellent post and thanks for sharing.

5 years 6 months ago #609895 by saponcpa
Hi Geordie, are you find this kind of item?  

Attachments:
4 years 11 months ago #642977 by Nikon Shooter
A natural curiosity and a fair measure
of sense for wonder and beauty.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 3 months ago #672993 by Tom-Dinning
When I was young and energetic I could imagine taking this sort of stuff, although it would have been film stuff instead. 

as I reached middle age and digital came into play the list grew longer and the gear heavier. I persisted, mainly due to old habits not dieting as they should.

now I’ve reached old age I keep everything to a minimum, even for a long trip.
One lightweight mirror less camera.
2 compact lenses.
Spare card, mounted in camera.
Spare battery, chargeable through camera.
Cleaning cloth.
Smart phone for storage, editing, backing up to cloud.
ear buds.
enough cash for a coffee.
a walking stick and hat. Suitably dressed for occasion.
Sensible shoes. 
bus fare home.

Did you know old people take pictures as well?

Photo Comments
4 years 9 hours ago #684017 by selena18
I generally convey a clean old soft white cotton handkerchief. Wipes off rains pots, drying camera. cleaning the eyepiece or the backscreen and some scissors - for decreasing bits of grass and vegetation that disrupt the general flow when shooting blossoms, parasites, and so on. Use cautiously and just cut back the base required.

3 years 6 months ago #698284 by saponcpa
My sensor does not work properly. Could you tell me what can I do?

3 years 5 months ago #700891 by Esseff
Awesome list. One thing I always forget is a cleaning cloth...

3 years 3 months ago #707721 by Pilotshark
Thanks, being a newbie this checklist is great and a great start for my kit.

you think that it would be common sense but when you are in a hurry to get out the door you forget things, so this is helpful.
I have a checklist for my drone so I will add this for my photo kit.

Handshake.

So after so many years of doing this or that and life itself getting in my way, I am now at the point where just slowing down and doing things I have put off I have concluded that its time to become creative and do what I want.
Thanks for giving me a place to get started. :-)

Photo Comments
3 years 3 months ago #707722 by Pilotshark
very wise, that looks like a lite weight one as well.

someone down three also mention a walking stick.

So after so many years of doing this or that and life itself getting in my way, I am now at the point where just slowing down and doing things I have put off I have concluded that its time to become creative and do what I want.
Thanks for giving me a place to get started. :-)

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024