How often do you have more than one camera on you at any given time?

1 month 5 days ago #763186 by Steve Zahra
Let me clarify, I'm not talking about having a smartphone as a second camera, but something that actually has a interchangeable lenses.  So as you are shooting with one, you can set it down and grab the other one and shoot as needed.  

Is that you?  How many bodies and different lenses do you carry with you?

Photo Comments
1 month 2 days ago #763266 by CharleyL
When I was shooting weddings I wore a 2 camera harness with one camera hanging down on each side of me. One camera had a 24-70 zoom and the other had a 75-300 zoom. The cameras were both Canon 77D, so both operated the same and I knew without looking where each button was located. This gave me the ability to catch anything of interest from wherever I was standing, and it worked well for me.

I have given up doing weddings because I'm getting too old and unstable to be able to move around quickly for the better shots. Most of my photography is now usually with just one camera and usually in my studio or front yard near the lake. I live on the end of a peninsula in the lake, so great backgrounds are available  with about 600' of shoreline in front of my house. My home is on about 3 acres of mowed grass, kind-of shaped like a slice of pie with the pointed end at the street.

I still have and use the two Canon 77Ds, but usually use my 90D in my home studio. The harness hasn't been used in about 5 years. I also have a Fuji X, but it has been my  camera for about 8 years now. Always with me and ready, but almost never used. I even have a Godox X Pro f flash transmitter with it, should I need to use it with flash. 

Charley

1 month 1 day ago - 1 month 1 day ago #763318 by TCav
I have occasionally carried my Nikon with my Tokina 100-300/4 for BIF, while also carrying my Sony with my Sigma 70/2.8 Macro or my Pentax with my Pentax 100/2.8 Macro for close-ups.

1 month 2 hours ago #763385 by Rob Conley
When I'm shooting a gig that requires different focal lengths back and forth.  Like weddings as an example.  

Photo Comments
3 weeks 5 days ago #763449 by Kenta
Hardly at all.  I find that with what I do and how I use my camera, I rarely need to swap to different focal lengths.

Photo Comments
3 weeks 3 days ago #763539 by Jackson Rieger
Same here, just when I'm shooting weddings and corporate gigs

Photo Comments
3 weeks 2 days ago #763572 by Garbo
Any given time?  More like when I need to have a second body with me.  That's when I'll have a second body with me. 

Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments
2 weeks 1 day ago #763821 by Overread
Just like the others here, only when I need it.  Most of the time, I can get away with just one though. 

Photo Comments
1 week 5 days ago #763884 by Chester Foster
With me?  Or actually getting used.  I always have both of my cameras with me, but actually swapping between each?  Can't remember the last time. 

1 week 1 day ago #763992 by Randy Shaw
Never, or hardly ever.  Just don't need two bodies.  Now I do have my iPhone with me all the time, but you stated that doesn't count.  :)

Photo Comments
2 days 23 hours ago #764136 by Ruby Grace
When you say "on you" does having NEAR you count?  Meaning I'm at a wedding and  my camera bag is in my car, or hidden out of the way with my other camera in it.  Does that count?  If so weddings and all venues I shoot.  But actually on me?  Never.  

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024