Digital photography may be the king of the hill today and into the future, but there are still many photographers who learned and excelled shooting film and a significant group that still does. You may be a photographer with a boxful of 35mm film negatives and slides from the past or still enjoy shooting in the film medium. In either case, converting film to digital files is essential, first, to preserve your images of the past, whether they are the only pictures of your young children or very creative compositions. The second reason is so you are able to edit them, and then store the images in a much smaller and secure space than a box or two.
It’s a much easier and more convenient process than you might think, especially if you have the help of Wolverine Data’s F2D8 Film-To-Digital Converter.
1. What you’ll notice first about the F2D8 Converter is its compact footprint. It doesn’t require much desk or tabletop space and can be carried easily and securely with the finger hold on the top of the box.
2. Set-up is also extremely easy, since you’ll be converting your first film negative or slide, as soon as you remove it from its box and plug the power cord into a wall socket or connect it to an USB port.
3. A very convenient feature of the F2D8 Converter is that the process occurs entirely within the unit. A computer connection is unnecessary and there is no software to download and learn how to use.
4. Place a 35mm film negative in the negatives tray or a 35mm slide in the slides tray. Insert either tray into the F2D8 Converter and with the simple push of one button, the image becomes an 8MB digitized file, and in less than 3 seconds.
5. The 2.4-inch color LCD screen is also very convenient for viewing your images, before and after conversion. Control the light level with the image brightness adjustment
6. The F2D8 Converter has an internal memory to save your scanned film negatives and slides. You can also use an SD/SDHC memory card purchased separately for storage.
7. The Converter’s USB port allows you to transfer your images to either a PC or Mac computer or laptop with an USB port.
8. Wolverine Data’s F2D8 also has a TV-out port to view your converted images on a TV (A compatible cable is not included).
9. The Wolverine Data F2D8 Film-To-Digital Converter Kit includes the conversion device, one negatives tray, one slides tray, an USB cable, 110V-220V AC adapter, cleaning stick and complete manual.
10. Wolverine Data also offers a number of accessories for the F2D8 Converter, including a tray for 110-size film, the negatives tray and slides tray in quantities of 3 and 6 and a negatives roll film adapter.
You can purchase F2D8 Film-To-Digital Converter Kit directly from Wolverine Data for only $89.99, a savings of $10 off the regular price, for a limited time. Visit this Web page: http://secure.serverlab.net/shop/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=F2D8&Category_Code=F2D&Store_Code=T00107.
People who read this PhotographyTalk.com article also liked:
Your feedback is important to thousands of PhotographyTalk.com fans and us. If this article is helpful, then please click the Like and Re-Tweet buttons at the top left of this article.