Whats your Photo Editing toolset?

12 years 6 months ago #151552 by chakkaradeep
Many people ask about "Whats in your camera bag?" - But what about the different software, toolsets that we photographers use? Share your toolset here B)

Windows or Apple?

Post processing software
- Adobe PhotoShop?
- Adobe LightRoom?
- Apple Aperture
- Software provided by the camera manufacturer, for example: Canon Digital Professional
- Any other software?

Offline Photo Library
- Windows Live Photo Gallery
- Apple iPhoto
- Any other photo library?

Online Photostream
- Website
- Flickr
- Picasa
- Any other online photostream?

Anything else you want to add?

Cheers,
Chaks

12 years 6 months ago #151553 by chakkaradeep
Let me start it :)

Windows or Apple?
iMac running Lion OS

Post processing software
Canon Digital Professional
[Planning to purchase Adobe LightRoom later]

Offline Photo Library
Apple iPhoto

Online Photostream
Flickr - flickr.com/digitalbreak [feel free to add me as your contact :) ]

Cheers,
Chaks

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #151557 by effron
PC...Win 7

Photoshop CS5
Lightroom 3

Flicker, 500px

and seven various portable hard drives....:)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #151658 by Stanly
PC - Windows 7
Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Lightroom

Color Efex
WD external hard drive

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #151712 by photobod
PC - windows 7
Adobe photoshop cs5
Lightroom 3

Maxtor external hard drive

you can see all my links to my photostreams below

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 6 months ago #151828 by KCook
All Windows. The program that came with my Canon is my primary tool, Digital Photo Professional. I start with this for importing from the camera, inspection, simple edits, and conversions to TIFF of JPG. More complicated editing and embellishment is done with Adobe's Elements 9 (I'm too cheap for PS). Also do use Irfanview and Zoner Photo Studio 12 for special tasks. If I were more serious about organizing I'd pick up ACDSee too. But I'm just not that serious.

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 6 months ago #151837 by Johnnie
PC - Windows Vista and XP

Photoshop 7
Photoshop Elements 8
Corel Paintshop Photo Pro X3
Gimp
Canon Digital Photo Professional Ver: :3.9.2

Organizer - PSE-8

12 years 6 months ago #151857 by chakkaradeep
Thanks so far guys! Great to see the mixture of the softwares used and surprised to see more Windows users B)

Keep them coming :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Chaks

12 years 6 months ago #152016 by rmeyer7
Core i5 PC that I built with photo processing in mind, running Windows 7

Photoshop CS3
Lightroom 3

Offline Album Software - Picasa

Online - Picasa web albums/Google+, Flickr

12 years 6 months ago #152023 by robbie
8gb win 7 pc
CS5 upgrade from CS2
Nik plugins[all of them]
onOne Photo suite
Capture One 6 Express[raw converter]
Neat Image [noise remover]
ViewNX2 [raw converter..give better colors for Ir]
Panorama Factory [stitching program]
Spyder 3 express [monitor calibrator]

12 years 6 months ago #152058 by welsberr
Sometimes I'm shooting things that are contemplative single images, and sometimes I'm shooting a weekend's worth of some dog sport event. The workflow changes with the context.

I have a Fuji S2 whose raw converter runs on Windows. For that, I have a Perl script that passes all the RAFs to both dcraw and the Raw Converter LE program, the latter using AutoHotKey to interact with the GUI window. "dcraw" conversion of the S2 files only spits out a 6MP image and the white balance looks a bit off compared to Fuji RC LE. I haven't done much work in raw with the Nikon D2Xs yet.

For events, I use ImageMagick on Windows XP and 7, Mac OS X, Linux, or FreeBSD for batch image processing. I have a Perl script to produce versions at three reduced resolutions, auto-normalize and apply unsharp mask. I use Jhead to auto-rotate images and jpegoptim to strip EXIF data out of lower-resolution files.

I use GIMP and Corel Photo-Paint for interactive editing of individual images. If I'm headed for a printed image or uprezzing, I use DDI Software's QImage program. I use Hugin for panorama stitching and qtpfsgui/Luminance HDR for high dynamic range stuff.

I haven't settled on any particular image management package. I often use Gwenview mostly because it works fairly quickly even run from an X windows host and accessing from the file server, and because it doesn't force a decision at this point.

"I used all the light that was available." W. Eugene Smith, fielding a question about the mourners photograph from his "Spanish Village" photo essay.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024