Fierce Lioness

5 months 3 weeks ago #758836 by bryanpereira
Part of a large pride I was observing
D850 200-400 f4
1/500 f8 400mm

Photo Comments
Attachments:
5 months 3 weeks ago #758838 by Greg Friedman
Dude your photos demand clicking!  First to comment!  

:judge:

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryanpereira
5 months 3 weeks ago #758859 by Red Tail
@#$#%^^!!!  Look at those teeth!  What a portrait!  

Thank you for sharing

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #758877 by Tim Wiener
Another big winner!  Did you know that a lion's roar can be heard up to 5 miles away?

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #758884 by bryanpereira

Tim Wiener wrote: Another big winner!  Did you know that a lion's roar can be heard up to 5 miles away?

Yes at night in the camps sometimes you can hear them, I guess at night and given its open savanna it can travel further

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #758891 by Howard Swanson
Fierce, however these are such great looking animals. 

Photo Comments
5 months 2 weeks ago #758940 by No Show

Tim Wiener wrote: Another big winner!  Did you know that a lion's roar can be heard up to 5 miles away?

OK, I watch a lot of Discovery and didn't know that.  Very cool fun fact!

D300| Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 | Nikkor 70-200mm VR 2.8 | Nikkor 50mm 1.8 | Nikon 2x Teleconverter | Sigma 105mm 2.8 | Tokina 12-24
Photo Comments
5 months 2 weeks ago #758967 by Eliffman
I have a question for you which I didn't see any mention of this on your site, but when you go heading out, what happens if you don't find any big animals?   Do you just keep driving around or head back to where base camp is and come out another day?  

Photo Comments
5 months 2 weeks ago #758968 by Eliffman

Howard Swanson wrote: Fierce, however these are such great looking animals. 

Hey Howard, got your message.  Thank you, good tip!  I just responded as well.  

Photo Comments
5 months 2 weeks ago #758980 by bryanpereira

Eliffman wrote: I have a question for you which I didn't see any mention of this on your site, but when you go heading out, what happens if you don't find any big animals?   Do you just keep driving around or head back to where base camp is and come out another day?  

Good question its not mentioned because it never happens!  Been doing this around 30 years  and I see one of the big five every day. One day I saw all 5! Think of it as like going to a mall at lunchtime midweek. You wont see huge crowds like on a saturday, but a steady stream and if you turn a corner and no one is there around the next one you will see a few people.

Here is a blog I wrote back in 2016 highlighting 24 hours of some of my favorite sightings
www.exposuretours.com/24-hours-in-the-mara/

Here you have some group shots NO PHOTOSHOP Just incase you have doubts

Photo Comments
Attachments:
5 months 2 weeks ago #759115 by Randy Fisher
Incredible photos.  I see a couple rhino in the last shots.  A friend and I were just talking about rhino's last week, I want to say there is only something like ~26,000 of them left on the planet.  Shame.  

5 months 2 weeks ago #759130 by bryanpereira

Randy Fisher wrote: Incredible photos.  I see a couple rhino in the last shots.  A friend and I were just talking about rhino's last week, I want to say there is only something like ~26,000 of them left on the planet.  Shame.  

Yes they are hard to find, The first day of the safari we go to a reserve where quite a few black and white rhino live. That way you can bag the shot and after everything else is easy 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon 6D Mark II might be an older DSLR, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a good option for 2024. In fact, this budget-friendly camera is a powerhouse for stills and videos.

May 21, 2024

In this guide to the bokeh effect, you’ll learn what bokeh is and the factors involved in creating it. You’ll also explore some beautiful example images to spark your creativity with bokeh!

May 16, 2024

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024