What's the most dangerous spot you have photographed?

9 years 6 months ago #411540 by TedReichner
I've been asked to photograph one ultralight open cockpit airplane from another one.  Sounds like a cool gig, the pay is pretty good.  Actually part of what I'm supposed to do is apparently one of the riders in the other plane will be jumping out of the plane.  He's a skydiver and obviously has a parachute on.  Either way, I'm supposed to be photographing this taking place as well.  Right after he jumps out, the plane that I'm in will do a nose dive towards the skydiver (from a safe distance) for me to get some additional photos.  

This by far, will be the most dangerous spot I have photographed.  When in situations like this, do you charge any sort of added fee for risk?  

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #411550 by effron
Dangerous? I got charged by a bear a few decades back, but I was on a Mexico camping/photo trip once when the Federales descended on a US Rugby team camping nearby that had just drunkenly demolished a cantina in San Felipe, and I was also "rounded up",  and I felt a lot more fear then than anytime in my life. When we were released after the cantina owner acknowledged we weren't party to the riot, we promptly broke camp and drove home. I haven't been back south of the border since. I would take the bear anyday.........:dry:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #411586 by Joves
:rofl:
Yeah that is why I do not go south of the border much anymore. That and it is like Beirut in most of the border towns.
I guess it depends on what you consider dangerous. My brother in law of extremely afraid of heights. He thought that me dangling of the side of a rock shear to get a photo of a cactus that had blooms on it was dangerous. To me I had a good hand hold so it was plenty safe.

9 years 5 months ago #411588 by Mike Ayrouth
A few years back, I climbed up under a bridge that had some bungee jumpers going off it.  I was taking photos of the people pulling off these swan dives with the mountains behind.  I had no safety harness, in retrospect wasn't one my brightest moves. 

Getting BETTER one photo at a time!
Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #411603 by KCook
Yup, flying in an ultralight would have to rank near the top.  Or try a crop duster.

chickenlittle

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

9 years 5 months ago #411637 by Photo Junky
Holiday photos at my wife's house :rofl:

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #411649 by Tuscan Muse
In the deep jungle in Costa Rica.  I mistook a huge boa for a tree root.
9 years 5 months ago #411687 by KENT MELTON

Tuscan Muse wrote: In the deep jungle in Costa Rica.  I mistook a huge boa for a tree root.

How big do they get there in the wild?

As for me, nothing exciting that can compare to some of your examples.  

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #411709 by Nick Whitman
Same here, but one area I would love to get into is photographing caves.  Have you seen some of the images of the ones in South America?  Beautiful!  But dangerous to get to. 

9 years 5 months ago #411810 by Orlando Bohland
Last year kids Christmas party :rofl:

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #411927 by Stealthy Ninja
No where really dangerous. Tall places I guess, but never that dangerous in my opinion.
9 years 5 months ago #412041 by Miss Polly
I would be terrified in an airplane like that!  

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #412070 by KenMan

KCook wrote: Yup, flying in an ultralight would have to rank near the top.  Or try a crop duster.

chickenlittle

I was thinking the same thing!  

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #412150 by Trisha.M
Some of you guys are nuts!  I hate walking over bridges let alone being up in an airplane like that.  

Photo Comments
9 years 5 months ago #412322 by Tuscan Muse
Kent Melton - The boas in Costa Rica have heads as big as footballs.  The one I stumbled up on had just eaten a pesote, which is the Costa Rican version of a raccoon.  The boa I saw was about 12 feet long.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024